Jul 8, 2013
Wilsden
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
It arrives next month!! (Aug13)
Hello

Took the plunge today and paid the deposit on our first Motorhome, chance for me and the boss, and the dog, to start to tour the UK. Then maybe off into Europe.

There appear to be loads of 'clubs'to join..... any recommendations which is the best, have the best sites, would be greatly appreciated.

We're taking delivery next month..... looking forward to touring!!

John

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to motorhome fun, I would join the Camping and Caravan Club, their booking system is farer and they have excellent Holiday Rally's where you can just turn up with out the need to book as well as lots of CL's.

The best £10 you will spend is the subs for Motothome Fun, as much advice and information on here as you will find anywhere, Fun also runs some very very good rally's:welcomefunster:

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Hi John and welcome
Have had our MH for 12 months now and we are members of both the Caravan club & the Camping & Caravan Club
Good over 55 discount with the CCC
We joined both as they have sites in different locations so suppose all depends on where you want to go both have some good and not so good 5 van sites stay on a CL near my daughters which is on a fishing lake and unusually have site to ourselves have stayed on one at Abington which as just a carpark attached to a farm but was one night ion route south and at £8 incl electric cant complain
BUT there are loads of good sites which are not members of either club
You also have Brit stops which seem to be fre to members but do not know much about it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello.

Echo the above, we use both big clubs for sites, CLs & rallies. Also get foreign travel insurance through the Caravan Club. Have been members of both for years.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Hi John,
Welcome to the nut house.Clubs are worth a first year and see how you get on. As others will tell you, they suit some and not others so you pays your money and takes your choice!
ps That wouldnt be ex station officer John by chance would it?

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I came across motorhome fun by accident and have never gone anywhere else.

Make sure you come to one of the many meets and rallies and join in. It will be the best £10 you ever spent.

You get money back on motorhome shows if you camp with fun, and remember many insurance companies offer a discount as a fun member so make sure you get this too

Some of the Fun trade members also give discounts so you will get your membership back in no time.

Have FUN

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi and :welcomefunster:

Margaret and Bill (south of Scotland usually) but back in the Yorkshire Dales again:thumb:

grin factor

Free Member
Jul 4, 2013
sunderland
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
i'm a newbiw
Greetings & welcome from another "newbie".

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hello from another newbie. I would also recommend spending the £10 sub fee, well worth it though my problem seems to be since there's more to read I am not getting housework done and leaving it to mum when she visits.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back