Jun 27, 2012
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Ace Airstream 68fb
Exp
18months
Hello there
Iam Lynda. Sadly my husband died 22nd April. As we had only had the motorhome 18 months I had not driven it until May. Now I have managed to drive her down to Devon for my son to stay in for the Iron Man at Wimbeball.
It has been make or break as far as I am concerned and Iam now determined to keep the motorhome which we called Topsy.
My aim is to go to France next Summer. I love walking, reading and singing.

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Congratulations

Lynda,

Congratulations on your determination, both to deal with the very sad loss of your husband, and on deciding to keep the motorhome,
Taking the decision, and actually driving it down to Devon took a lot of nerve and you deserve the enjoyment of continuing motorhome life as before,
All the best to you for the future,

Ken. :thumb:

Hello there
Iam Lynda. Sadly my husband died 22nd April. As we had only had the motorhome 18 months I had not driven it until May. Now I have managed to drive her down to Devon for my son to stay in for the Iron Man at Wimbeball.
It has been make or break as far as I am concerned and Iam now determined to keep the motorhome which we called Topsy.

Millie bob

Free Member
Jun 17, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi Lynda, I think you are a very brave lady! My husband and I have been motorhoming for 30 years and have talked about your situation and I have said I couldnt do this alone if anything happened to my husband. We have met many ladies the same as you on our travels. Hope you can continue doing what you are doing and enjoy::bigsmile::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

There are quite a few single women in here, you CAN do it. It gives you a goal, it gives you an escape, it gives you a reason to look forwards to the next day.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
ALL of the above , well done you. :thumb:
Where's the pat on the back smiley when you need it ?
You have done the right thing joining the forum too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Lynda and welcome to Motorhome fun, do try and get along to one of of our rallies, you will find them if you scroll down the forums to rallies and meets, there are quite a few ladies on there own as well as men and couples it is a great mix and everyone is always made wellcome just let the rallie officer know that you are a newbie and you will be surprised how you get on. Well done on planning ahead for touring France, keep reading the forum and posting asking any questions you want, by next year you should be confident to go across the channel, it is well worth the £10 for the yearly subscription as you will get it back over and over again in information and savings available. Good Luck.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Hl Lynda

Welcome to fun and well done on driving down to Devon. I drive our motorhome everywhere as Howie has lost his C1 licence for medical reasons. However I keep hearing about the narrow roads in Devon and would think twice before driving on very narrow roads so well done to you for venturing where I would fear!

As Carol says why not join the funsters at a rally as everyone is very friendly and welcoming.

Kath & Howie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back