Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TopsyBoysden, Jul 1, 2012.

1. TopsyBoysden

TopsyBoysden Read Only Funster

Hello there
    Iam Lynda. Sadly my husband died 22nd April. As we had only had the motorhome 18 months I had not driven it until May. Now I have managed to drive her down to Devon for my son to stay in for the Iron Man at Wimbeball.
    It has been make or break as far as I am concerned and Iam now determined to keep the motorhome which we called Topsy.
    My aim is to go to France next Summer. I love walking, reading and singing.

• Like Like x 5
  2. beerdrinker1

beerdrinker1 Funster

Congratulations

Lynda,

Congratulations on your determination, both to deal with the very sad loss of your husband, and on deciding to keep the motorhome,
    Taking the decision, and actually driving it down to Devon took a lot of nerve and you deserve the enjoyment of continuing motorhome life as before,
    All the best to you for the future,

Ken. :thumb:

3. Millie bob

Millie bob

Hi Lynda, I think you are a very brave lady! My husband and I have been motorhoming for 30 years and have talked about your situation and I have said I couldnt do this alone if anything happened to my husband. We have met many ladies the same as you on our travels. Hope you can continue doing what you are doing and enjoy:BigGrin::thumb:

4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

There are quite a few single women in here, you CAN do it. It gives you a goal, it gives you an escape, it gives you a reason to look forwards to the next day.

5. paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome Read Only Funster

good on you and all the best

paul, di and emma

6. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

ALL of the above , well done you. :thumb:
    Where's the pat on the back smiley when you need it ?
    You have done the right thing joining the forum too.

7. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hello Lynda and welcome to Motorhome fun, do try and get along to one of of our rallies, you will find them if you scroll down the forums to rallies and meets, there are quite a few ladies on there own as well as men and couples it is a great mix and everyone is always made wellcome just let the rallie officer know that you are a newbie and you will be surprised how you get on. Well done on planning ahead for touring France, keep reading the forum and posting asking any questions you want, by next year you should be confident to go across the channel, it is well worth the £10 for the yearly subscription as you will get it back over and over again in information and savings available. Good Luck.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Hl Lynda

Welcome to fun and well done on driving down to Devon. I drive our motorhome everywhere as Howie has lost his C1 licence for medical reasons. However I keep hearing about the narrow roads in Devon and would think twice before driving on very narrow roads so well done to you for venturing where I would fear!

As Carol says why not join the funsters at a rally as everyone is very friendly and welcoming.

Kath & Howie