Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
Hi all ... I have just joined this site , I love motorhome's .. I own a brand new Elldis 100 which my partner Ann and me enjoy many happy time's ... this is my second home having previously had a Lunar Champ 520 which went to Spain and France on a visit to my Bruv who live's in Spain ..... I am on a journey of discovery with these thing's and so far I have loved every minute .. I hope to keep improving my wheel's until I have the best ... one question what do you consider I have to aim for ... pleased to be here . Mick .

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
hello good evening most welcome
sorry missed you post but to make up have a few smillers :thumb::welcomefunster::coolthumb::thanks2::beer::beerchug::welcome::lips::notworthy::drink:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
flyingwelcomeHi Mick & Ann ::bigsmile:
Welcome to the Motorhome Fun - your learning curve is just beginning :Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome we have an elddis 130 and love it.

What to aim for id say one that suits you and one your both happy with no matter if its 20 years old or a brand new 200k rv if it doesnt suit your needs its useless.

Gerry

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hiya Mick and Ann welcome to the best mhome forum :thumb::Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Welcome to the Fun...

It is not what you have that matters... it is what you need that tells the story...

(deep or what?)

JJ

PS I blame Professor Hoffmann for quite a lot.... (even deeper...:winky:)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Mick, welcome to the fun:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all ... I have just joined this site , I love motorhome's .. I own a brand new Elldis 100 which my partner Ann and me enjoy many happy time's ... this is my second home having previously had a Lunar Champ 520 which went to Spain and France on a visit to my Bruv who live's in Spain ..... I am on a journey of discovery with these thing's and so far I have loved every minute .. I hope to keep improving my wheel's until I have the best ... one question what do you consider I have to aim for ... pleased to be here . Mick .

Hi Mick in answer to your question what is the best ? that is easy ::bigsmile: It is what you have now :thumb:As you go along your priorities change and you change your van to suit :thumb::ROFLMAO: ENJOY
terry

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, what is the best? Now there's a question, given a number of vans with a layout that suits you, the best is the one that will last the longest with the least problems that is adaptable enough to suit any number of changes to your motorhoming lifestyle. Generally speaking German built vans are built for a Northern European winter whilst Brit built are for a southern European summer. A huge divide in the "Winterisation", Build quality in terms of materials is generally IMO won by the German vans. On the whole the more you pay the better the quality you can expect to find. However unless you are doing 1000 miles a week fulltiming then most vans will be fit for purpose, they would not be able to sell them otherwise. Now if you are talking money being no object and can apply that to the running costs then maybe an American RV is what you are looking for, but not really suitable to pop down to town in, hee hee.

OP
OP
blamehofman

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
Thankyou all for the welcome and insight's .... Yes you are right ... Do I want the best ... No .. I want just to be able to enjoy this wonderful way of life . Thankyou Mick & Ann . ::bigsmile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thankyou all for the welcome and insight's .... Yes you are right ... Do I want the best ... No .. I want just to be able to enjoy this wonderful way of life . Thankyou Mick & Ann . ::bigsmile:

Now you have found FUN to enjoy even more ............. Link Removed :thumb:

Welcome to Fun

Peter

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
welcome from us

Join in, it is fun (most of the time:Blush:).. you are very welcome

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard:thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello from us two too. enjoy your MH what ever model you have::bigsmile:riving2: Prepare for a numb bum with this site :active:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Motorhome Fun.:welcomefunster:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
Hello and welcome...Ill go to your echo hello posting in a second.....I am the only sane and sensible person on this site so please feel free to communicate about any problems you have with the left hand sprocket rising catcher device found most commonly on the Eldiss 453cf and 453ef.

What to aim for is the heart Raual... as Clint said

If you go for lots of inside space, you restrict yourself down iccle roads...you end up towing an iccle car to explore.

My small motorhome days are over. I self built my first out of a Hi-Ace panel van and went everwhere in it. Even slept under the 4 legs of the Effiel Tower in the 90s when they were repairing it and had a workmans car park...It just looked like one more workmans van from the outside.

Now I want luxury and inside space, a flat on wheels, which limits where I can go...idealy my tow vehicle should be a very small camper..but it will probably be a soft top.

One thing is for sure....I actually got out in my self build and went places....my rv however like any large home needs alot of maintenance...and without the experts on here I wouldnt have got out at all.

Have fun...

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Enjoy the one you have, or, find yourself a really really really friendly Bank Manager, then get the one you think you need!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back