Mar 18, 2017
West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer B class
Exp
10 years
Hello all,

I'm Gary from West Suffolk, been an occasional motor home user these past few years.

I've kind of inherited my Grandads Hymer motor home now that he's too frail to use it. He bought it from Belgium when he was in his 80's but unfortunately he didn't get much use out of it as his health deteriorated quite a bit. He's now 93 but has dementia. He built his own foldable caravan in the 50's and was a keen caravaner till he got his first motor home in the late 70's. He had VW, Chevy and went onto Hymers in the early 90's.

My family, wife and 3 children started using the Hymer about 10 years ago (all children were under 10) We used it just so it wouldn't deteriorate too much as grandad didn't want to sell it and the rest of the family weren't particularly interested in it.

It certainly has been handy to use and quite interesting try to keep it up and running!

We took it to France last year and camped in the middle of Paris and then in Normandy. But Most of our trips have been locally in the U.K. We like Wells next to the Sea and the Southwold area.

Just joining here to ask questions really! Hope you don't mind mind? :)

Thanks,

Gary

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Hello :hi:
Bet your Grandad would be thrilled to know you were keeping his motorhome on the go. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

I notice that you are intending to continue posting on this forum. To get the most from the forum you will need to subscribe. It's well worth £15 and will allow you to continue posting beyond your initial five free posts as well as letting you into areas that non members can't access.

Broken Link Removed

Wyn

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: and. :welco:

You will find answers to all sorts of questions here. There is a wealth of experience as I have found out.

You will also find intense discussion and crap jokes too!:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

dodfloss

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
beverley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
dethleffs eighty a class
Exp
2 years
Hi Gary, I have recently joined, I can only say what knowledgeable, friendly and helpful people are on this fun site. welcome. Danny

Fifiwi

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Hello and Welcome. How lovely that you are making use of your Grandad's Motorhome, I'm sure he'd be delighted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back