Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I started reading threads here and realised I just appared out of nowehere the other day and started posting without a care in the world, failing to recall that just because we've been reading all your posts for a while, and feel we're getting to know some of you a bit - none of you know us!!!! ooops.

What a faux pas, a terrible breach of Netiquette, so sorry.

See we almost immediately felt right at home because we actually know one of your members Mr Jaws MC, virtually via another Forum and physically because we met him a couple of times, once at an event at Thetford Rugby Club and another time at one at the NEC. Small world ain't it, and we knew about his Smartie and other vehicles he has - but not the motorhome!

But he'll probably not recognise us - because I've used my handle instead of Pete's - and Jaws will only know Petes ! LOL

Anyway taking delivery of the new addition to the Home Fleet on Aug 3rd, God willing and Pete has already booked holiday for the rest of August, back to work on 4 Sept I think. Never had a Motorhome of any complexion before.

Not quite as totally mad as it sounds perhaps or perhaps not LOL; we've had tents and caravans for what seems like a million years and regularly boldly go etc, usually to France. When we were there last month (camping) we sat talking about 'stuff' one night and started looking as soon as we got home.

Just hope the source of the dosh doesn't cause any glitches as we are not currently in possession of it! Dealer is aware of situation and the sources, so keeping some fingers and toes crossed.

I fully expect she will be called Bessie, being an E425 of that ilk. Most things of mine with engines are called that hereabouts anyway, although we do also own Wanda the Honda and Trixie the Triumph and some others. But quite obviously, the name will belong to her exclusively from delivery. Unless her character says something different once we get to know the gal.

And the positively best thing about her? New, and only 2 seatbelts. With 2 daughters, their other halves and six grandkids we think it's wonderful. It clinched the deal. (No not really; that's a fib)

So we've never slept in an overcab or had anything to do with an electric flush but we can both drive the cooker and the fridge and the gas and the dealers knuckles weren't white after they went for a test drive (on the other hand they probably only see the ££££ signs LOL) so we'll either be spending August in France or not ...... and we shan't starve anyway!

Pete & Jenny

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Pete,

Welcome to Fun, you are already enjoying it:thumb: Helps to fill in your details on profile so every one knows where your are from etc.

If you go via Dover to France you welcome to pop in and see us on the way.

Peter

OP
OP
sedge

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp