Free Member
Feb 7, 2016
San Fransisco
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I don't have a camping van yet, but I have seen a few sides to the story of motor homes. My uncle and aunt had a really big one - they towed their car behind them - and they loved it. And they loved the life style. But they did not have to worry about money - they were very comfortable financially. They only ever took the motor home to places they knew well, and they always had reservations for a camp site and so on. Their motor home was like a small house, and they spent two or three months in it every year. It was parked in their driveway for the rest of the year.
I loved it and am planning to get one. I suppose this is the right place for me to get insights.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! What sort of MH you get will be influenced by how you plan to use it. If you plan to do what you relations did it will probably a lot cheaper with a caravan. I can only suggest doing a bit reading on here and see how folk are using their MHs and what type they have.

This might help you to narrow down the search. And of course visit some exhibitions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome, I see you are based in San Fransico USA so that would give a slightly different point of view than here! were most motorhomes are European and smaller than the usual American RV s. But lots of information on motorhoming in the UK and Europe. :pink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back