gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
My GF has been a member on here for a while, but cant remember her log in details :Blush: scooter sam or something like that, she changes her user names more often than her knickers :)

Anyway, i'm Gazz, my GF is sam, we built and own the Kampenwagen,
right now i'm posting this from the van parked in the general section at the newbury show,

If you've seen a couple walking around the show with a border spaniel dog (looks a bit like a border collie, but with springer spaniel markings) who had a white rat (Honey) on her back thursday evening, and a pair of green panniers with a light brown rat (Lionheart) in the side pocket between the rain 'showers' Friday, that was us.

We have 4 fancy rats that go everywhere with us, they have a small cage on the wall above our bed, with a length of gutter to link the 2 curtian pelmets, so they can have a run around the top of the van, we do take some weird things with us (right now we have a vinyl cutter, radio controlled electric glider with camera, 1/5th scale R/C buggy, inflatable canoe, electric outboard, and of course the kitchen sink with us)

At home the ratties have a tower cage that's 6 foot tall by about a 4 foot square floor area on 2 levels, hence they get lots of free range time and go out with us when we're camping.

We'll pop over to the group tommorow and try to get someones attention, we are pretty shy at first (but try and shut me up afterwards :),
we just arent the type to walk into a strange group and just start talking,
last time we went past everyone was getting their supplies ready for the evening, and someone sat on his own in the tent with a beer in one hand, and a mobile phone glued to his ear, so we didnt want to disturb anyone.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi gaz and welcome.

if you drop Jim a >> Link Removed << he'll retrieve sams password for her.:thumb:

click 'contact info' and then 'send jim a PM'

and dont worry about 'disturbing' anybody......we're all a bit disturbed anyway..:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazznsam

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Well, we made it over to the group, the leader was out it seemed, but we had a really good chat with bob and jane (i hope that's their names, he's afraid of rats, but did very well having 2 of them just feet from him whilst we were chatting)

also met up with upmarkethippy at his little camp site,

then wandered around the show, took us about 3 hours as we couldent move 5 feet without someone else noticing the rats in the dogs panniers, had their photo's taken a million times, and only one person went 'eurggh, rats'

people keep asking to advertise on the dogs panniers... might be onto something there,
tho for now i'll make up a motorhome fun sticker out of vinyl and stick them to the panniers if that's ok with the boss man, i will buy a window cling sticker for the van, and the stickers i make for the dogs panniers are only temporary.. they wont stick for long.

when we came back it was blowing like mad, and everyone was tucked up in their vans, saw the marshal on his laptop in his rv, so left him to it, will pop over again in a bit and try to say hi.

Been told there's a bbq tonight, so if we can we'd pop over with ours and meet everyone properly?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back