Hello (1 Viewer)

Tom 46

Free Member
Apr 19, 2009
Funster No
Hi everyone. Just want to say hello to you all and looking forward to being part of a very informative and friendly forum.
Both myself and the wife are now retired and we are now both enjoying what has always been our main interest in life, motorhoming, and the great outdoors. Started off in the usual way with a small ridge tent, then a large frame tent when the children came along, touring caravans, and for the past twenty years a variety of panel vans and coachbuilts.
Currently own a 5 year Autocruise Starspirit, and while we all have our own ideas on that 'perfect van' this one really does tick all the boxes for us and will hopefully give us many years of touring in the future.
Still finding my way around this forum, but perhaps I can mention the importance (to ourselves at least) of finding a suitable place to park the van when not in use. Never happy with compounds or secure areas in the past, and when we decided to downsize some years ago our main priority was a property that gave us the space and access to achieve this. Took some doing, but eventually found the perfect location (in motorhome terms) where the van is now tucked away safe and sound in a purpose built area of the garden where not only is it secure, but also makes it easier for those 'quick getaways', and that extra bedroom for the kids when they call around.
Off to look at the various sections of this forum now and looking forward to not only what it as to offer, but will hopefully be able to make a contribution myself.
All the best. Tom.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Tom:welcome:to a fun place.

Dave

Manouche

Free Member
Feb 5, 2009
Southsea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Hi Tom,
Welcome to the club, sounds like you've got things sorted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hello Tom

Welcome to the funsters. Sounds like you have your life sorted out just fine!

Regards Pat and Neil

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
:welcome:Welcome Tom.......sounds a nice van you got there :winky:

Hope you have fun here too :thumb:

Boo

OP
OP
T

Tom 46

Free Member
Apr 19, 2009
Funster No
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, and very much appreciated. Never thought to much of this before, but those comments 'all sorted' made me think of how my life has progressed so far and a timely reminder not to take things for granted. Like everyone else we have had our fair share of up's and down's, but both in reasonably good health, with a little bit of money behind us, and the time and freedom to do the things we always wanted to do.
Lot of doom and gloom around at the moment, so perhaps its time to concentrate on the positive side of things and count our blessings instead. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back