Hello to the new Globecar Area! (1 Viewer)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
images (12).jpg
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Hello and welcome, I do not own a globecar but have followed the forumatic and it is a shame it has closed down.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Hi from a Campscout owner. We had to get a dent taken out of back door tops so lost decals, now wondering whether to replace or not bother.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Hi from a Campscout owner. We had to get a dent taken out of back door tops so lost decals, now wondering whether to replace or not bother.

I can think of better reasons for replacing a van ... are the ashtrays full too? ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have a warranty claim in for some new decals for our (2015) van so once approved we'll just get the old ones taken off and won't put the new ones on as we prefer them without, we'll just leave lower rear quadrant shaped ones on and possibly the globe and name, but everything else will come off. Below is a photo of our van at present and a couple of mock-ups of what it'll look like with most of the decals removed but the globe left, and one without the globe.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We will shortly be down sizing from an Auto Sleeper Broadway EB and we are thinking of getting a Globcar, Pat and I fancy the Limited with the port holes.We live in Staffordshire what dealers do you recommend, I've seen advertised dealers in Preston and Newark, the one in Scotland is to far for us, are there any others anyone could recommend.

John.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
[QUOTEit'"Minxy Girl, post: 2151343, member: 149"]We have a warranty claim in for some new decals for our (2015) van so once approved we'll just get the old ones taken off and won't put the new ones on as we prefer them without, we'll just leave lower rear quadrant shaped ones on and possibly the globe and name, but everything else will come off. Below is a photo of our van at present and a couple of mock-ups of what it'll look like with most of the decals removed but the globe left, and one without the globe.

View attachment 137831 View attachment 137832 View attachment 137833[/QUOTE]

Looks fine without the decals, think it's a globe and campscout that missing from back doors. For some reason I'd like it to look like the van we bought but suppose we could get different ones. Any spare ones lol.

Think I

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We heard a week or so ago that the decal replacement has been approved so once they are received by SMC we'll take the van there and let them remove them and just leave the new ones off.
Looks fine without the decals, think it's a globe and campscout that missing from back doors. For some reason I'd like it to look like the van we bought but suppose we could get different ones. Any spare ones lol.

Think I

I assume it's the ones on the top of the left door that you're missing as shown in the picture below? I suppose you could probably get them from a dealer but not sure what they'd cost. Sorry, can't 'spare' any of ours as want to keep them in case a new owner wants to reinstate them in the future, whenever we decided to sell the camper which I don't think will be for a while!

upload_2017-1-29_0-3-15.png

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Maybe I'll just get an orange sun. Similar to your reasons, would like to have in original condition in case we sell in the future.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Maybe I'll just get an orange sun. Similar to your reasons, would like to have in original condition in case we sell in the future.
I'm only keeping them simply because we'll be having virtually all of them removed, if it was just a small bit on the rear that no-one except a Globecar aficionado is likely to notice is missing, I wouldn't worry ... you could put one of these on ...

Link Removed

s-l1600.jpg

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
I'm only keeping them simply because we'll be having virtually all of them removed, if it was just a small bit on the rear that no-one except a Globecar aficionado is likely to notice is missing, I wouldn't worry ... you could put one of these on ...

Link Removed

s-l1600.jpg
Good idea, that was my expression when he hit the guttering on garage door.

rikardo

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
Bath
Funster No
MH
Looking to Buy
Exp
Starting Out
Great to see a globecar area setup. I watch with interest as this grows.

Having been a previous fan of the globecar forumatic site, I'm curious if anyone has any information on whether the site has been amalgamated with the German globecar / possl site yet as previously mentioned?

Failing this would it be possible to contact the forumatic site owner and see if he would consider loading the wealth of information onto this site?

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Great to see a globecar area setup. I watch with interest as this grows.

Having been a previous fan of the globecar forumatic site, I'm curious if anyone has any information on whether the site has been amalgamated with the German globecar / possl site yet as previously mentioned?

Failing this would it be possible to contact the forumatic site owner and see if he would consider loading the wealth of information onto this site?

Greetings and welcome!

Don't just sit there though, feel free to post some pics of your pride and joy ;) (y)

The guy who ran the old forum can still be found here -

https://www.facebook.com/Globecar-Possl-forum-237394196692444/?fref=ts

rikardo

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
Bath
Funster No
MH
Looking to Buy
Exp
Starting Out
Thanks for the link, the Facebook page comes in a pretty poor second place compared to the previous site unfortunately.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Thanks for the link, the Facebook page comes in a pretty poor second place compared to the previous site unfortunately.
Yes, I know. I only posted it for you as you seemed interested in contacting the guy to see if he would upload stuff to here :confused:;)

locsuna

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
North East
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
since 2014
Hi all, another Campscout owner. Had it three months and its only been to the dealers to be fixed and Autogas 2000. Hoping to get away soon.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Hi

Welcome from us too

Just in case any Globecar fan is not aware of this site
https://poesslforum.de/
It works ok with Google Translate
Like Fun if you register there are extra bits you can access
Lots of specific Globecar info and most of it makes sense when using translate

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
As Vanman says, great camper vans the best we've had in the 6 vans that we've had.
Welcome Phil.

John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back