Free Member
Apr 18, 2015
stafforshire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 2013
Hi, I have been introduced to this site by Ash at vanbitz! My wife and I ordered a new swift kon tiki 649 at the caravan & motorhome show at the N.E.C. In October last year. We have been told by our dealer that it should be available to pick up on 1st May, so I was calling around looking for the best package on alarms & trackers (as this is what our insurance stipulated, comfort insurance). I had phoned several large companies for quotes and vanbitz seemed the right choice - even though the price was higher than other quotes from other companies. It's booked in on 2nd May to have a "Growler" strickback alarm and a trackstar tracker fitted (so please tell me now if anyone has experienced any problems with any of these products???, and the pro's of the products). We are fairly new to motorhoming as this is our 2nd van, the first being a Bailey approach SE 760 (63 plate). It was a great van but we had lots of trouble with it, which didn't help having Alan Kerr of Paignton as our dealer, they wasn't very forthright in fixing the problems we experienced with the van. We even took it back twice as we could smell gas, which they said there was nothing wrong with it !! Having lost all faith in them I contacted Bailey direct! The van went to Bristol for 4 weeks to resolve all issues, guess what? They installed a new hob as the original one had got a gas leak!!!! They also found out that Alan Kerr had wrongly installed the reversing sensors which short circuited the BSI UNIT (built-in systems interface) the electronic box of tricks that looks after wipers, lights, indicators, air con, electric windows, electric mirrors, central locking etc etc. this unit alone is £3000 + VAT, plus labour and a new wiring loom. A total figure of nearly 6 grand. Luckily for us Bailey foot the bill for that!! Having had all the work competed by Bailey, we enjoyed using the van for a few months and heading off to the nec for a fiamma bike cover and chevron sign (check, got them in our bag, so let's have a wonder around!!!) then we spotted the Swift Kon Tiki 649, fell in love with it, looked at a few deals with different dealers, done the deal (which meant giving up our van straight away as the dealer had a buyer), and we are still without a van until 1st May. But I have booked a week off from the 8th May and are looking to go up to the Lake District, so can anyone recommend a good quiet site as we need a well deserved rest after a short but epic motorhome journey that we have been on!!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
:welc:
I've never used Vanbitz but have friends who do & along with those on here who do,have never heard a bad word said regarding them.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Welcome from us in Eastbourne :welc:
Well you've already had a good introduction to motorhoming.
Let's hope you have a trouble free Swift (y)
I'm hoping the same as we pick up our new Bolero in June ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome, can't help on a quiet site in the Lake District but 4 May is a Bank Holiday so I suspect that first week could be busy.

I also admire your trust that the MH will actually be ready to collect on 1 May, I hope it is, but it seems quite common for deadlines to slip in the MH industry. Also, hope you don't have a long drive to do to get it home given the Bank Holiday! But enjoy your new MH! :)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, the Caravan Club site at Coniston is very quite, nestled among the trees and very short walk to the lake and a 15 min mostly off road walk into town, stayed there last year and had a great week. (y)

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Hi and welcome from South Glos. :smiley:

OP
OP
C

crutch

Free Member
Apr 18, 2015
stafforshire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 2013
Thanks guys!! I have been assured by my dealer (and I believed him) that my MH has come off the production line and is being transported this week to Brighton (Stewart Mouland Motorcaravans) so hopefully if DVLA pull their finger out for the v5 form I should take delivery on the first!! I did explain to vanbitz that there may be a delay, but I'm taking it to them on the 2nd may, but they are not carrying out the work until the 5th after the bank holiday weekend and then picking it back up on the 8th may and then on the open road!!! Thanks for the info regarding the site I will look into that when I get 5 mins.

Kevingrc

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Crutch just got back from our first ever trip in a motorhome, one site we visited was Skelwith fold near Ambleside very nice facilities and quiet

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Hi and welcome, Scotgate holiday park braithwaite just past Keswick. You can walk to Keswick or local transport outside site. Pubs in village with good food.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back