Jun 1, 2016
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 4009
Exp
Since early 90's
Hi All,
I am about to start looking for our own motorhome, I was lucky enough to have the use of my parents unit many moons ago before they passed and both myself and my lovely wife always said we would have our own one day.
Well its getting closer, we originally started looking at a 6 berth (180), our 15 year old daughter may join us on occasion ( will use the overcab bunk ) and occasionally we may have the mother in law with us, after looking further we decided the 4 berth rear lounge might be a better option as spending another 10k for others to join us occasionally is a bit steep, I am so confused on the whole seatbelt thing! will prob post in another thread on that one.

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Hi Mark - watch out for differences between the number of berths and the number of seat belts. Goodness knows why motorhome manufacturers make 6 berth motorhomes with only 4 seat belts or 4 berth with only 2 seat belts!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Mark and welcome, if like our daughter who's now 18 she will love the MH life and will come along if your going somewhere sunny or a nice city:).
We had a 6 berth even though it was only 3 of us plus Sophie's friend at times, we have now gone a lot smaller and bought a driveaway awning so if 4 of us they can sleep in awning and the rest of the time it's just ideal for 2

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Hi & welcome to Motorhome'fun'
Look at as many as you can, try and make a list of definite things and things you can compromise on (ie we have a 7m van so it fits our drive so compromise on the rear island bed that tilts to allow more daytime room) and maybe drive a few.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mark James
Jun 1, 2016
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 4009
Exp
Since early 90's
Thanks for all your kind replies, we have taken the plunge and after completely starting again have ordered a used Ace Milano on an 05 plate, very excited, subbed here and will look at Vanbitz for a decent Alarm, looking forward to a great community :)

Mark

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

AND HAPPY TRUCKING!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun