Free Member
Dec 13, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Do not own one yet
Exp
2007-2009
Have today just joined up with this group of happy campers. Came across you guys due to doing some research (hair pulling - if I had any) into buying a motorhome. Some of the posts that I came across may have been "dated" due to the subject I was googling.

My partner Carol & I took off around Europe & Morocco wild camping for almost 2 years in '07 & intend to do similar mid next year. On my previous trip I was a total 100% newbie travelling in a very basic Fiat Ducato. Apart from the trials, tribulations, beautiful vistas & experiences the main thing I enjoyed was meeting fellow travellers. Most were retired but what I took away from meeting most was the vitality that they displayed in enjoying life to the full, the openness, helpfulness & eagerness in also meeting us.

Anyway thanks for allowing me to be part of this group & hope I will be able to contribute in some small way.
Phil Jones

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Welcome aboard Phil.

Any help you need, someone here will have the info.

Keith
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
:welcome: to the mad house

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
They're not really spirited at all you know.

They're boring old farts who have a change of personality when they spot anyone in a M/H not bearing a 'Fun' sticker, and go into 'recruitment' mode, as Ringleader Jim brainwashes them with fancy things they've never seen before, like heated marquees and bacon sandwiches. And his wife's the same - she bribed me with a Gin & Tonic.

You have been warned.

:roflmto:

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
coldstreamer

Hi Phil,
Welcome to ! Roughing it Smoothly ! every stop is a new stop!!
Best Regards, Mac

OP
OP
P

Phil Jones

Free Member
Dec 13, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Do not own one yet
Exp
2007-2009
Well that was a welcome & a half. Normally I’m used to a room going quiet when I walk into a strange place – bald & over 2 meters may have an influence.

Thank you for your welcome Taran, Rangitira, Pete, Carol, Peter, ukbilt, billthedrill, , Terry & Mac

Janine & Keith, thank you for the offer re use of people knowledge. When I am close to making a choice of vehicle the chances are that I will run it by the group.
Ukbill & Rodger/Sheilla - I will endeavour to contribute J

Brian - “spirited people” reflects the fellow travellers I have met, so far from the greetings you people appear to share the same ethos, which is great.

Jenny – ha ha. Well I’m up for being kept in the group by Jim & his wife with bacon sandwiches perhaps even washed down with a gin & tonic (or 2).

Jim the Ringleader – this group sounds more & more like a circus & you deserve your title ha ha. Thanks for your personal greeting. I will endeavour to work our how these forums things work out. Until I do please excuse me if a message is directed at me & I fail to respond. It will not be because of being ignorant but due to not having worked out the technical aspects of how these forums work.

Anyway, thanks guys.
Phil

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
It's really strange

They're not really spirited at all you know.

They're boring old farts who have a change of personality when they spot anyone in a M/H not bearing a 'Fun' sticker, and go into 'recruitment' mode, as Ringleader Jim brainwashes them with fancy things they've never seen before, like heated marquees and bacon sandwiches. And his wife's the same - she bribed me with a Gin & Tonic.

You have been warned.

:roflmto:

I have been a Fun member for 4 years, and have done lots of travelling around in that time. Apart from Fun meets/rallies, I have NEVER seen a van with a Fun sticker in the windscreen. Everywhere I go I look for them, but - no luck. Why is that? :Confused:

Catherine

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Hurray - I've seen my first sticker - was it you??

After posting yesterday that I had never seen a Fun sticker except at rallies, I saw one today on a lhd Hymer at around 10.55 on the Eastern Bypass, Oxford, near Sainsburys. Was it you?

:thumb::thumb:

Catherine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back