hello, question from a newbie (zip awning) (1 Viewer)

mrpip

Free Member
Mar 10, 2013
doncaster
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
hi all
the wife & I have just purchased our first motorhome a swift escape 696, & are contemplating having a fiamma zip awning fitted. The question is, it will have to start next to the boiler flue about an inch away, or it will be over the living area window, if its moved toward the cab, the flue will be in the awning. I know all about the dangers of carbon monoxide etc & mostly the water will be heated by electric not gas. Has anyone else come across this situation with there motorhome,

Paul & Lizzie

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
How important is having an awning?
Many motorhome owners have bought one only to find that they don't get to use it much. A motorhome is differrent from a caravan in that it is more practicale to keep moving rather than setting up camp. Obviously this means removing the awning repeatedly.

I'd be inclined to start without and really consider how useful or otherwise it may be over a period of time.

Wyn

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
HI Paul and Lizzie,

If you give us a call on 01-580-883062 we can answer all your questions and even fit the awning and zip room in our workshops at Robertsbridge.

There would be no labour charge for the fitting and we are Swift dealers as well so know the van well

Peter

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
hi Paul & Lizzi

We had a zip awning but found it hard work to use.
Side and front panels were heavy to lift and the zips hard to get started even without a strong wind, really you need two people one to hold the panel and one to start the zip,this was about four years ago so they may have improved would be usefully to try one first
Good luck anyway

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back