Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Hi All,
Peter from St johns cross told me about this site and I have just got around to joining.
Some of you off other forums may now me already but for those that dont here goes,
I have been Motorhoming for 20 years and working in the business for 10, running my own company for the last 4 doing Accessories for Motorhomes, and base vehicle servicing and habitation checks. I also write the technical column in Practical Motorhome.
I currently have a 1990 Autohomes Highwayman, but am currently doing a panel van conversion of my own, a long wheel base Iveco.
Thats about it for now,
Dave

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi ya Dave, glad you finally found it, little more fun than a few of the other sites ive seen you on(spell me username backward). I think Jim and Bryan do like people in the Trade to identify that, but Im sure they will let you know.
in the meantime enjoy the fun.:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Dave, welcome to the fun:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
telford

are you the dave newell from telford ? if so can you tell us all about the barking dog alarms ! :Cool:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
are you the dave newell from telford ? if so can you tell us all about the barking dog alarms ! :Cool:

We have one like this:
X10 DK10U Barking Dog Alarm & DM10E External Motion: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

The speaker is larger than you might think it needs an X10 motion detector again be aware that some of the ones offered in kits are too large in my opinion. Certainly effective though - scared the whatsit's out of me when it went off in the night unexpectedly:Eeek:

or from here:

Link Removed

I use the Eagle Eye Motion Detector:
Link Removed

At one time I thought I saw an integrated unit of sensor and speaker but you would need to check the vollume and effectiveness of the barking.

:Smile:
Keith

OP
OP
dave newell

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs

Hi Steve, yes I am THE Dave Newell from Telford. Sorry I can't tell you much about the barking dog alarms but I'll look into them as a possible product to carry.

D.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Dave

Welcome to MHFun, what kept you::bigsmile:
I am sure your knowledge and experise will be welcomed by all on here.:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Dave and welcome, took you lonh enough:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dunno where you got the St Johns Cross from, we may be nice but not into sainthoods yet:shout:

Peter

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
wazzock !

i am a wazzock ! why did i not look at your thing on the side whatever it is called ! what sort of service and products have you that would be of interest to us all ? :thumb:

tyrangie1

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Dave Welcome to the site. Like us you may find this is one of the friendliest sites around. :thumb:

OP
OP
dave newell

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
i am a wazzock ! why did i not look at your thing on the side whatever it is called ! what sort of service and products have you that would be of interest to us all ? :thumb:

Ooh all sorts really:Smile:. there's cruise control, reversing camera systems, satellite TV, solar panels, Security systems and even a portable weighing device! On the services side I can install all the above (except the portable weighing device) as well as offering habitation and base vehicle servicing and if you have a hab service and full base vehicle service done together you save money on the labour costs, gotta be good that :thumb::thumb:.

Check out our website for more info:Smile:

D.

P.S. hello Graham, Graham and John, among others::bigsmile:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Ooh all sorts really:Smile:. there's cruise control, reversing camera systems, satellite TV, solar panels, Security systems and even a portable weighing device! On the services side I can install all the above (except the portable weighing device) as well as offering habitation and base vehicle servicing and if you have a hab service and full base vehicle service done together you save money on the labour costs, gotta be good that :thumb::thumb:.

Check out our website for more info:Smile:

D.

P.S. hello Graham, Graham and John, among others::bigsmile:

hi young dave and welcome to another fun place:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back