Hello I'm new and flying solo (1 Viewer)

kirsty

Free Member
Mar 17, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal
Exp
5 years
Hello. Im the proud owner of Dizzy, My 28 year old rascal van.
I have shared many fun trips in him with my Daughter.
We treat him like an old relative, and in the 5 years we've had him he's been good to us. We did resurrect him a few years back after the AA told me his over heating was due to a blown cylinder head gasket, after failing to find anyone to attempt to him and several days of crying. I decided to have a look myself, and at the 11th hour i found a hole in a water pipe, thus saving him and myself. Hes passed 3 MOTS since.. As my daughter is now reaching an age where she is less interested i am looking at some solo trips, and im a little scared. i would like some reassurance. My aim is to take off permanently one day and live in my van. probably not in dizzy. I hate the restraints we have and love the freedom of my van. So anyone out there. please say hi..

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Hi & welcome (y)

Used to have a little van like yours many years ago I think it was a TN7
before the Rascal van came out. I

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
:welcomesign:Kirsty, get yourself to the girls only meet at Rutland water, but hey what do I know I'm only a bloke :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi Kirsty, it's @Bridget or @Mags52 who's organising, hopefully they'll pick this up & include you on the info(y) 18-22 April......we're not all solo's but have taken the opportunity to have a girlie only get-together:D

Hope you can come along:)

There are also lots of other meets/rallies & everyone is welcome, hope you try those too.

:pink:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome and I don't see what you need reassuring about! :) You have already shown you can cope, so just get out there! (y)

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Just thinking is there ever men only meets ? Just read that back and it sounds a bit wrong :doh::getmecoat:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Just thinking is there ever men only meets ? Just read that back and it sounds a bit wrong :doh::getmecoat:
It was a bit of a hot potato, there's a thread somewhere.......which is why it's ended up not being an 'official' fun meet.......

Where there's a will & all that......;)

I'm sure if a boys w/end meet was proposed it would attract some interest:blush:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Would we create and fuss if there was a man only meet?! Not me it would end up like a bear pit!!;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back