hello im a newbee love motorhomes (1 Viewer)

buzz

Free Member
Feb 9, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
Hi all im buzz i got the bug about motorhomes from when i was little when my mum and dad took me round cornwall and devon for holidays on caravan sites.i have never lost that bug and now as a mature man and current situations in my life i am hopeing to buy my first motorhome and travel around the uk. i am a novice when it comes to the basic runnings of owning a motorhome and getting the certain needs i want for it. But i am not a novice when it comes to driving larger vehicles i had my own truck for work a few years back i am hopeing i can get some good advice from members here who know much more than me as i start my new life in owning my very first motorhome thank you and again hi to all,,,Buzz:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Buzz

Welcome to MH Fun
You will find plenty of folk more than willing to answer your questions, no matter how silly it sounds to you, we all started the same as beginners once.

Hope you find the van you want best of luck.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Hi Buzz - :welcome: to MHF!

A good idea to start with is to spend some time visiting various MH dealers, second-hand ones best. Inspect as many models as you can, thoroughly, until you get a feel for the layout that suits you best. Dismiss those that don't feel right for you. Once you get an idea of which ones you feel you could happily live in you will have narrowed things down a bit. Not suggesting you take so long but we spent at least 2 sundays a month for a year at a local dealer, climbing in & out of every MH on site, until we found one that suited us. We knew it was the right one as soon as we climbed aboard. Don't look at prices initially, you'll be biased! Our latest one was one of about 30, ranging from £5k to £45k. The scenario was 'wow, this one's ideal,better look at the price though'. Turned out to be £8.5K so a no-brainer especially as the condition/mileage/equipment/history/appearance were all a lot better (for our purposes) than the others irrespective of price.
We've been living in her for a year now and she's perfect. Good luck in your search! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi all im buzz i got the bug about motorhomes from when i was little when my mum and dad took me round cornwall and devon for holidays on caravan sites.i have never lost that bug and now as a mature man and current situations in my life i am hopeing to buy my first motorhome and travel around the uk. i am a novice when it comes to the basic runnings of owning a motorhome and getting the certain needs i want for it. But i am not a novice when it comes to driving larger vehicles i had my own truck for work a few years back i am hopeing i can get some good advice from members here who know much more than me as i start my new life in owning my very first motorhome thank you and again hi to all,,,Buzz:thumb:

Hiya buzz :welcome:
The best way for you to learn all about motorhoming, it's not very difficult,
would be to keep on MHFun where you will get all the advice you need and probably a load more you wont need:winky:. Visit loads of dealers and view as many different motorhomes you can.

Your only problem I foresee is that you refer to yourself as a "mature man" so you could be in the minority on here as very few of we men could be accused of being mature:ROFLMAO:

Brian

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Buzz, this is undoubtedly the mad House but fun and informative:thumb:

OP
OP
B

buzz

Free Member
Feb 9, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
Wow only posted this morning and allready a bunch of nice and helpfull replys thanks guys::bigsmile: i feel like im at home allready the site is great and im allready checking posts on site in certain sections and picking up tips... stcyr i will be takeing my time on which MH i want and it will be a secound hand one thanks for advice..icantremember. hilldweller .DESCO .Phill D thanks for makeing me feel welcome here and when i said mature well i mean late 40.s lol

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Wow only posted this morning and allready a bunch of nice and helpfull replys thanks guys::bigsmile: i feel like im at home allready the site is great and im allready checking posts on site in certain sections and picking up tips... stcyr i will be takeing my time on which MH i want and it will be a secound hand one thanks for advice..icantremember. hilldweller .DESCO .Phill D thanks for makeing me feel welcome here and when i said mature well i mean late 40.s lol
if you look at your first reply Buzz, you'll see it was posted just 9 minutes after your initial post....:thumb:

this is normal on 'Fun'...no waiting for days for a reply.

out of 20000 members there is a 'hardcore' of maybe 40 members who are nearly always online so you will get answers to all your questions within the hour at most.

as others have said, take your time and be choosy about what you want and don't be afraid to walk away if something doesn't feel right, there will always be another.....many folks have found the hard way that your 3rd van is the one you really want.

we bought our first on impulse and regret it to this day, very nice van but just too small when we started using it....less than 6 months later we traded it at a loss of £5k :cry:
our second was the one we really liked...so much so, we later (2 or 3 years later) sold it and bought another of the same, only newer.

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
Good Morning Buzz....I am the only sane person on this site....

I am a full time m/homer...its parked on my drive full time now.

Welcome to the site.

liuahiupshDIPONHJIUHIUFRHIHihiudwhiuhwendfnjodon....sorry about that...Im taking tablets for it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back