Free Member
Sep 10, 2012
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Bus conversion
Exp
3 months
Yes indeed we are new but by god our camper isn't :Eeek: She is a 95 merc bus 410D (611) . We bought her in mid conversion ( owner had to emigrate for work ) so we are hoping to complete the job and hit the road (though certainly not in spots) .

A totally unforgettable journey through The healy pass in beautiful Co Kerry last weekend has given us all the inspiration we need to do the much needed work and hopefully motor on to INFINITY AND BEYOND! Alas the VERY rusty back doors and general rust issues will keep our feet firmly on the ground........ For Now.

Many questions to come id say so thanks folks :RollEyes: we feel in good hands

Jen

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
:welcomefunster::welcomefunster::welcomefunster:
Any questions ask away somebody will have the answer. Pete :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Alas the VERY rusty back doors and general rust issues will keep our feet firmly on the ground.

Jen

Whenever I see a van conversion I wonder why they don't just weld up the back doors. Or in your case, a sheet of steel costs little and could be welded or pop-rivetted over the whole back. Our layout means we have no rear windows so don't let that put you off.

It's not what you've got, it's what you do with it.

Another tip I've seen it buy a wreck of a caravan, all the fitting are usually good for recycling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Dookarah

Free Member
Sep 10, 2012
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Bus conversion
Exp
3 months
Hi Brian,

Thanks.We would most certainly like to do just that.We think They are totally irreparable(which is such a worry)
we don't need the back doors at all but thought it might not meet with regulations with regard to an emergency exit being blocked or sealed up. Any light shed on this?
We did spot the same model as ours over the week end that had a very smart looking box going across the lower half of the back doors. so the windows were still there. We wonder if we could do something similar. We have reached the re classifying stage now as the inside is done and we are very happy with it. Just a bit nervous about properly meeting all the rules and regs etc.
It seems a daunting task ..DOE in particular. Are aim is to get it all done before the nasty weather comes:Eeek:We are very eager and happy to work hard to achieve this.

Perhaps i should post the question?

Jen

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jen, welcome to the Fun :thumb: would love to see some photos of your conversion:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back