Hello Guys

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by alcorn54, Nov 21, 2010.

1. alcorn54

alcorn54 Read Only Funster

Just a quick message to say hello,just bought a 2008 Mclouis Tandy 673 last month so thought I would come on this site and get a few tips from the experts.:BigGrin: Just wanted to ask a couple of questions as I am Currently sorting things out .
    1. It has tv sockets fitted and cables looped in ready behind control panel what fixed ariel would you have fitted/recomend.
    2. It only has one lesuire battery fitted ,would you install another or two ,is so would you include a soloar panel for charging it currently hs mains and engine charge?
    3. What Items are what you would call essentials,ie: they dont provide a spare wheel but foam ,I dont think this is very good as what if its a split tyre wall ,or am I wrong ? Any good tips what to buy and what not to waste my money on.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Welcome to Fun, ask away:thumb:

Peter

3. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

:welcome:

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi alcorn, welcome to the Fun:thumb:

5. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi and welcome :thumb:
    terry

6. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Hi and welcome

:welcome:

Dave :thumb::thumb:

7. f6c

f6c Funster

welcome aboard:thumb:

8. alcorn54

Thanks

Just to say thanks for the warm welcome ,paid me subs/subcription for the year:thumb::thumb: so now I,m offically a new funster ?? think Ive got it right ,dont think my wife will agree with the title though? she thinks Victor Meldrew isnt a patch on me.

I really do hope to meet up with a few of you guys next year.:BigGrin:

Alan

9. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

HI and welcome:thumb::thumb:

10. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

Hi and Welcome to Fun, to be honest apart from sorting an ariel i wouldnt put a battery or solar panel on it yet, one reason is its winter and how much will you be using it, and if you do use it over the winter time you will probably use it on sites that have elec hook up.

11. alcorn54

Hi
    Thanks for the welcome,not fitting yet just sorcing the items I want. This time of year Motorhome items tend to take a nose dive price wise over the winter ,then come spring go back through the roof,same as buying your Van this time of the year,some reall winter bargains are available if you are prepared to travel you can save thousands as long as your prepared to insure it ,park up whilst wheather is bad ,but you can still and get on with personalising it the way you want it for the next season. I have most of the things I want already firstly A new Motorhome bought it last month real bargain if I say so myself , absolutly over the moon with it, also found the tv' aerial, new second battery ,new/used spare wheel, a 12v tv ,a 24v tv :BigGrin: also a 350w invertor,the panels will be ordered after I come back from me hols in January. Then get it all fitted properly and hopefully by then the snow will have gone,and I can start hiiting them there roads ,really enjoying the searching hunting for the bits and bobs,and preperation to the van.

12. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Hi and welcome.:thumb:

Half the fun is sourcing and fitting the goodies but the only thing I would say is get away in the van a few times and see what you really need and not what you think you need before you spend too much. You'll still spend a fortune but it might take a bit longer and perhaps avoid lugging stuff around that you never use.

Hopefully you will use the van in the winter too like many of us and don't forget the meets, there are a few around your part of the world mentioned in the forums at the moment. :Smile: