1. MotorhomeFun The best Motorhome Club in the World

Register to remove adverts Register Here

Welcome to Motorhome Fun

MotorhomeFun is a large community of motorhome and touring enthusiasts. Our website is the busiest of its kind. It serves as a meeting place for thousands of members who share their knowledge of motorhomes and travel, as well as arrange rallies in the UK, Europe and beyond.

It's easy to join us and takes just a minute

Hello great to join

Discussion in 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' started by Jaylee, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Jaylee

Jaylee Funster

Hi there

We are buying this year, with a view to full timing after a practice year! So many motor homes to choose from, feeling apprehensive about making the right choice on a limited budget. Would love to receive any advice, experiences with dealers or buying privately. Oh forgot to say thinking a Hymer A class might be the one for us but would need to be an older model so again any advice would be great, have just bought a great book from the site really informative.

Many thanks

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster

The old Hymers are possibly the best MHs ever build for comfort inside, but always subject to condition.

Our glorious leader, Jim 'Moses' Brown, spends a good part of the year tending his flock in his Hymer.

3. Jaylee

Jaylee Funster

Thank you

Thank you Hilldweller, we've been researching for a few months and will visit some of the shows early in the year to see more models in one visit. :thumb:

4. bryandh

bryandh Funster

Welcome aboard and good luck with the search. Plenty of good advice is available right here......... you only have to ask.

Regards, Bryan

5. dylan

dylan Funster

:welcome: :thumb:

6. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Hi and welcome to FUN the best site for any questions you may have, you will soon find that the £10.00 subscription will be the best money you have ever spent. :thumb:

7. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

Welcome. If you are looking for info on motor homes you are certainly in the right place. No question is silly as you will always get an answer. ( might get a bit of ribbing as well though):Smile:

8. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi Jaylee, Just to say Pilote A class the old galaxy's are very similar in there layouts etc and in my opinion are on a par with the Hymer's, When I first wanted a Hymer I couldn't find extactly what I needed, then found the Galaxy 27 1998 , kept her 7 years not one problem in that time a part from servicing each 2 years , then changed to an autocruise starfire had that for 2 years now gone back to a Pilote Reference 622 virtually the same as before but 2006 model ,can't fault them.
    :sin: Terry :sin:

9. Jaylee

Jaylee Funster

Thank you

Hi Terry

I noticed a couple of Pilotes on eBay, they looked really spacious will check these out as well as Hymers, thank you for the advice.

Jayne :thumb:

10. scousebird

scousebird Funster

Hello :thumb:

11. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster

You'll waste months. Grab a camera and go hunting around the dealers on the 2nd.

Show are where people get excited and pay too much.

Though there is a show in Manchester just about now.

12. Jaylee

Jaylee Funster

Manchester show

Happy new year
    Thank you for the good advice I'll search the Manchester show as we live in east Yorkshire, would not have thought to take a camera I think there's a hymer dealer near Sheffield as well, excited but trying to put my sensible head on! :thumb: