Hello, good evening and... (1 Viewer)

Macoli

Free Member
Jun 8, 2010
Funster No
...I'll tell you a bit about me!

I'm just going to be made redundant, and so my wife and I are going to go touring for about 5 weeks during the school holidays(she works in a school). We originally were going to buy a camper, but have now decided that it would be most pragmatic for us to hire one instead.

We're going for a 2-4 berth coachbuilt, as a panelvan type won't have enough space for us and the dog. We could cram ourselves into a panelvan, but the idea of coming back from walking the dog in the rain and then getting everything in the van wet, day after day, does not appeal...

We would like to do a bit of "wild"* camping, most likely in the Highlands but if there are soem nice opportunities to do so in England and Wales too then we'd like to try!
So what tips can you give us?

M.

*I've wild camped before - but only with a tent.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi...

My only tip is to have Fun....

Have a great time guys......The only real way to learn is to go out there and do it.

Sounds like you're doing the right thing....Before committing to purchasing a van or not.

See if you love the lifestyle first and then make the decision from there....

The most important thing is finding the layout that suits you.

Steve.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
And if you are near a rally come along and talk to everyone.... we arn't salesmen so we will tell you the cons as well as the pros of the vans we chose .... and you can then decide what is most important to you.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Just a thought when I was breaking my back over the weekend cleaning the mh.

Does anybody ever consider when buying a mh the amount of hard work and effort that its going to take to wash and clean it. Could be a deal make or break point for me.

Jim
:winky:

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
On the cleaning point are there no industrial MH washes like car washes?

OP
OP
M

Macoli

Free Member
Jun 8, 2010
Funster No
Cleaning? What's that? Patina, surely!!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to fun, good idea to try before you buy, 5 weeks hire would be quite costly so may be worth looking around in the mean time never know you may get a bargain, Scotland is brilliant for camping, but you can wild camp in Wales as well, a quick look on the forums can point you in the right direction.
As one of the above posts see if and of fun rallys going on somewhere near you, then you can pick any ones brains as to what is what. Good Look and enjoy. :welcomefunster:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
PS. If you click on the forums bar and scroll down you will come to wild camping sites this may give you a idea for wild camping. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back