Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Yo Jane.......you must be mad leaving that sane sight and coming here to a load of out and out nutters.

:welcomefunster: anyway

Motor-Home Travel, on Tarmac or Gravel

A Week or Two in the Sun

If you have any trouble or Technical Muddle

Find the answer in Motor-Home Fun

Welcome to the bestest Motor Home forum on the interwebbythingy

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Welcome...
For Fun, entertainment and social events this is certainly the best MHF... :thumb:

I have seen a lot of old Facts members moving over in the past 6 months.. Even more now with the changes..

Some of us moved over years ago! When Facts started to charge a fee, IIRC.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Hi and welcome:thumb:

I hazard a guess that Facts doesn't get many threads titled " Hello Facts, Bye Bye Fun" :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Facts was charging subs long before Fun was born:Smile:

But wasn't it voluntary at first? I know I haven't been on there for years and I never paid them any money! :winky:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
But wasn't it voluntary at first? I know I haven't been on there for years and I never paid them any money! :winky:

Fun started in July 2007 and was free to everyone. In July 2010 subs were introduced. Fun had grown and new bigger servers etc needed. Subs were originally £12 per year. Due to the number of funsters that subscribed and paid, Jim was able to reduce it to £10 a year and the price has not increased since.

Subs and raffles keep the site running, pay for the gazebos/marquees and many other extras including badges.

Even without the discounts that traders give us what can you get these days for £10 a year. We more than get our subs back each year and we couldnt put a price on the friendships and help we have had since we joined.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Fun started in July 2007 and was free to everyone. In July 2010 subs were introduced. Fun had grown and new bigger servers etc needed. Subs were originally £12 per year. Due to the number of funsters that subscribed and paid, Jim was able to reduce it to £10 a year and the price has not increased since.

Subs and raffles keep the site running, pay for the gazebos/marquees and many other extras including badges.

Even without the discounts that traders give us what can you get these days for £10 a year. We more than get our subs back each year and we couldnt put a price on the friendships and help we have had since we joined.
::bigsmile: IF I remember right -SET OFF AT £10 then went to 12 then back to 10 :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
::bigsmile: IF I remember right -SET OFF AT £10 then went to 12 then back to 10 :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

Subs started at £12 with a target of 500 subscribers in the first year. We reached 500 in the first 2 months, so dropped the price to £10. :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Subs started at £12 with a target of 500 subscribers in the first year. We reached 500 in the first 2 months, so dropped the price to £10. :thumb:

It's me then going senile @ 57 ::bigsmile:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back