Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning šŸ˜Š
Hello Everyone,
As a newbie I just wanted to say hello. I have not got a motorhome yet but have just started looking for a 2 berth small compact one. So I would be grateful of any advice.
Blossom x

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
hello head duck.jpg

Hello from the duck house.

Compact two berth ? You should be spoilt for choice!

What sort of budget and would you go for panel van conversion? Do you want a fixed bed?

Layout and budget will be key I think.

OP
OP
Blossom
Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning šŸ˜Š
Hi Puddleduck,
Have looked at some panel vans on websites and they don't look to be comfortable as far as seating is and not so much space, but I have not discounted them completely. I have looked at a few Elddis Autoquest 115's and like the look of these. I dont want a fixed bed and would like it to be about 5 years old. Have only looked on the internet up to now but hopefully will take a ride out soon and look at some in the flesh, so to speak.
Blossom x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Best to go to a reasonable size dealers and look around. Don't make your mind up in a hurry. Do all your research. Mistakes can be expensive.

Check if you could imagine living in the space for a week, two weeks, a month or however long you think you would be away on the van. What about on a rainy day? Is the van big enough so you aren't climbing the walls?

Check the shower / loo is big enough to do what you need to do.

There are advantages and disadvantages with fixed beds. We've had beds made up from seat cushions, a drop down from over the cab and, now, a fixed bed over garage.

Love our present motorhome (Chausson Welcome WS) and will hang on to it for a couple more years at least and then will think about a Welcome 610 or similar.

When we were looking I took a camera and notebook as you see so many vans and it all gets blurred after a while.

Last edited:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi & welcome :hi:

Yes, trawl the dealers....we seemed to do hundreds of miles but it was worth it to see lots of layouts/makes & models.

If you do come down to Newark you could make a day of it and also SMC about a mile away. Then A46 down to Lowdhams, David Fuller which is almost next door. Oaktree just off J26 M1 isn't too far either (y)

Have fun, it's an exciting time:)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Deleted User
Hello from another new bunch from N Yorkshire too :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello Everyone,
As a newbie I just wanted to say hello. I have not got a motorhome yet but have just started looking for a 2 berth small compact one. So I would be grateful of any advice.
Blossom x
Hello.... welcome.

If you go to inbox .. top right of page ... and send a converstion to Terry .. he lives somewhere near you and he helped Hollyberry to find and sort a van...

:)

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Welcome from wakefield.
As others have said view as many vans and layouts as you can. Lots of motorhome shows coming up. Whilst new van may not be your choice use to get idea of layouts. We have had 3 vans and only now have what we consider ideal, rear full width bathroom, single fixed beds , twin captains chairs to diner. Personal preference continental vans have better build quality, interesting to hear other views.

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Hello Everyone,
Blossom x
WELCOME X
How about making one...had to say that as I'm making one. Not for faint hearted but at least it gets done the way you want

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Hi from another in N.Yorkshire(Redcar)

OP
OP
Blossom
Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning šŸ˜Š
Hello Everyone and thank you for the lovely welcomes. I will take the advice of doing the rounds of the motorhome dealers to check layouts etc.
Justice thank you for your input but making my own is not an option for me.
Blossom

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back