Hello from two Newbies in Brighton, UK (1 Viewer)

Pixie Girl

Free Member
May 9, 2011
Saltdean, Brighton
Funster No
MH
Transit
Exp
Hi all !

We’re new to the board and to camping in general really so I thought I’d write to introduce ourselves.

Clay (my finance) and I, and our 6 year old whippet called Billy, have just bought a converted Transit and are very much looking forward to our camping adventures! We currently live in Saltdean, Brighton UK.

Neither of us have camped for years and, when we did, it was in a tent which is great fun. However, having stayed with a friend at a festival in a Winnebago type vehicle last year, we got the bug and have been eager to enjoy the great outdoors with the comfort of a van ever since! After much deliberation we finally took the plunge this weekend, and although we don’t pick up our van for 10 days or so, we can’t wait to get stuck in.

We’re looking forward to having a browse of this forum and would welcome any advice on wild camping spots in the south of England if anybody has any ideas!

Looking forward to making some new friends too!

Thank you for taking the time to read this and catch you all soon!

Zoe Pixie Girl

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi Zoe & Clay & Billy
:welcome:
Exciting isn't it ....... bet you cant wait to collect the camper.......enjoy it & hope to meet up somewhere sometime

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
jump right in

Still can remember our first van..a Mercedes with a Glendale body.. now that dates me... OK with advancing years we have the comforts in the Winnebago RV we now have. But like you we all started somewhere.

I suggest you get along to one of the shows.. the first one is Newbury a couple of weeks to go.. 20th Weekend if I recall.. but it will give you a chance to see what is what and if you wander over to the area with the smile face on flags ..bright yellow then you will find the members of the motorhomefun group.. who will make you welcome.. just talk to any of them.. do not be shy.

We will be there ourselves and you cannot miss us with Ezzie the St Bernard.

The only way to have the dream is live it.. I know you have many questions.. they take time.. make a list.. no it is not silly, then ask various members, or post them on line.

Anyway have fun with your new freedom

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Zoe,Pixie Girl

Bet you can't wait to get started. Any questions fire away someone will be bound to know the answer, don;t forget the only silly question is the one you didn't ask.
If you can join up with a funster meet as Bob says any one will help you.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Hello and :welcome:

OP
OP
P

Pixie Girl

Free Member
May 9, 2011
Saltdean, Brighton
Funster No
MH
Transit
Exp
Ah thanks guys... what a lovely warm welcome! Looking forward to getting you all better, whether it be online or meeting for real someday.

I guess my only real question at the moment is whether anybody knows anywhere to 'wild camp' local to me in West Sussex, although I understand from somebody else's reply to another post that people may be reluctant to post ideas in case the whole world turns up there! Understandable of course!

However, if anybody has any good wild camping experiences or recommended places to plot up, then we'd be most grateful to hear about them and of course we will discreet. Perhaps we could use the private message facility....

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I very much looking forward to being able to share my advice and experiences, of course once I get some under my belt!

Thanks again everybody!
x

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome cant help you with your wildcamping question but if your ever heading to Scotland let me know and will help you out.

Gerry

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
Welcome to the fun:thumb::welcomefunster::flyingwelcome:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi Pixie Girl, Clay and Billy. If you look at http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/england/
you'll find it if you scroll down the forums list, you may find some wild camping there in Sussex. The Caravan Club has CLs, which are small sites, only take 5 outfits, but they are cheaper than the big camp sites and you can get electric and all sorts there. Have a great time and I hope we get to meet before too long. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Welcome from another new member (isle of wight) if ever over on the island I can suggest several wild places. Terry (FIDGET):Smile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Zoe, Clay & Billy :flyingwelcome: :thumb: Bob and Jane.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back