Hello From the Pacific Northwest ,USA (1 Viewer)

mysusie

Free Member
Jan 11, 2012
USA
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Husband and myself ( retried military and retired teacher) have been RVing (motorhoming) since the early 90's. Currently driving 1998 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 29 foot class c. Motorhoming for us usually means getting as far from civilization as we can. The Pacific Northwest is the place to do it. We have beaches and lots of mountains and miles and miles of forest.

I joined your forum because hubby and I are renting a motorhome in Germany and roaming around France and Germany for a month this spring. I am hoping to be able to find answers to some of the questions we have about camping on the Continent. I know from experience that motorhomers are very generous with their knowledge and I am sure those of you in the UK are no different.

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
Husband and myself ( retried military and retired teacher) have been RVing (motorhoming) since the early 90's. Currently driving 1998 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 29 foot class c. Motorhoming for us usually means getting as far from civilization as we can. The Pacific Northwest is the place to do it. We have beaches and lots of mountains and miles and miles of forest.

I joined your forum because hubby and I are renting a motorhome in Germany and roaming around France and Germany for a month this spring. I am hoping to be able to find answers to some of the questions we have about camping on the Continent. I know from experience that motorhomers are very generous with their knowledge and I am sure those of you in the UK are no different.

Hi and welcome to you both.
All the lightweights are sleeping as its 4.49am, had you posted your new membership during the earlier evening then no doubt you would have had 20 welcomes.
I personaly am one of the more sane people on this site...no thats not true...I am insane.

You will love the site im sure. Total madhouse.

As far as your tour goes http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl...5843103054280433491.00045c1ab0c50bf957c9d&z=4

that is one of many maps showing french aires....in other words overnight motorhome parks.

If you look down at the sub section forums you will see Full Timers and Rally and Meets. At present a group of funsters are in southern spain at Zahora near Cadiz and there is a larger rally of the funsters (Motorhome Fun co UK) near Alicante Spain (right hand side of spain about a half of the coatline up from Gibraltar. that meet is most of March with a special funster rate which I think is still in force as it had a time limit on it.

Ask away anything you want to know someone will know the answer or has waded through all the errors to find the solution and ready to pass on the best answer.
Do tell us all where and when you are going as the full timers may well want to snuggle up and say hello. Apart from which there may be members taking the same route and with a little coordination you can convoy. Not convoy in the american sense of 100 vehicles...we get quite excited when there is any number over 1 and its more than likely only going to be 2 anyway.
So welcome again.
Harry

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
HALLO!! :flyingwelcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Hi mysusie,

Welcome to the looney bin:welcomefunster:

Lots of information to be had on here just ask away.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Guys, Welcome to the fun.

Great to have some friends from across the pond.... ask away, should find plenty of knowledge here. :thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hiya both, welcome to fun. We travel to Spain on Sunday for a month in our RV and plan to have another month in the US hiring an El Monte RV in July, dont know where yet, this will be our third RV trip over there.
Good luck :thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Also another Winnebago RV owner

Hi and welcome

Like yo I own a Winnebago (Aspect) and one of the many American RV's in the UK... our sister site www.RVOC.co.uk is just pure RV's.... A, B and C class and some 5vers as well.

I travel to europe a fair bit with my rig (RV and trailer).. the Winnebago is 24'9" plus a 20 trailer carrying my car, so I am 45' long. I am small compared to some. A lot of our members have 40' A class coaches.

The UK roads are not good for big RV's and the same can be said in Europe, but we do get all over the place with care. If you are hiring in Europe you will find the European motor home is a lot different to what you see and use in the US of A... main differences are:

They do not have LPG tanks, but refillable bottles
They do not have dump valves and use toilets with removable parts to empty (carrier them to a drain point)...
Fridges are not like we have on the RV's .. lot smaller and few have separate ice boxes.

You will not see an A & E type awning and I doubt even a European Fiamma with a hire unit.

Air con if fitted will be in the cab only not like you find on an RV

You will not see a generator either.

Note power in Europe is 230 volts not 110v as in the USA so your appliances will not work. Also you need to consider there 50/60 hertz ... you can get a step down convertor from 230v to 110v

In europe you drive on the left as in the USA so that is good for you.. in the UK we drive on the right which adds a new dimension to driving an RV in the United Kingdom.

Remember like as in Canada in europe they have kilometres per hour and not miles per hour.. distances are also in Kilometers not miles.

The US gallon of fuel is smaller than the gallon this side of the pond and in Europe it will be sold in litres.

If the RV is diesel powered which I suspect it will be then it is GASOIL you put in...

Anyway hope that helps.. if you need more help, join the site UK£10 and then you can send me a private message and I may be able to give you more info.

One thing worth getting is the ACSI camping card.. discounts on camping sites

Regards

Bob

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome to FUN from us too, plenty of us go over to mainland europe so you should get plenty of answers to your questions

maggie and bill

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome from Bonnie Scotland

Join us or log in to post a reply.