Aug 22, 2012
Carlisle
Funster No
MH
Hymer Camp 55
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all,

Well here I am parked on the seafront at Fuengirola. I bought the motorhome on eBay in May and set off on Aug 1st with my two daughters and my three grandchildren down here through France. We arrived on Monday 13th after a day in Eurodisney, 2 days in Laredo, Cantabria on the beach and 6 days in Penafiel, on a campsite north of Madrid.

My 21 year old van got us here without a hitch even though I am still learning how everything works. Have no manual so its a bit of a problem. Other motorhome owners on the campsite were only too willing to help sort out some of the issues but I hope on this site I will be able to find some more help.

I managed to dent the van whilst parking on a stupid advertising trailer that was stuck out into the road. It dinted the van and knocked off part of the door to to gas canisters but my friend here managed to fix it so it closes and locks. We cannot use the gas for the moment until a more permanent job is done.

I am looking forward to some wild camping in the van in the days to come once the kids have flown back after their holiday. They have all moved into a flat for the few days they are here.

So any help and advice would be really appreciated especially about where I could get parts or repairs down here on the Costa del Sol. It doesn't have to be English speaking as I lived and worked in Spain for 7 years. Equally if anyone is having problems language related down here I would be happy to help.

Thanks all,
Tullie

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Welcome to Motorhome Fun:thumb::thumb:
Have a great trip and hope that everything is sorted soon

John n Kath

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Hi I used to wild camp at the Hippodrome Race course u:thumb:p the cemetry road in Fuengirola

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back