Hello from the coast of TEXAS !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kenneth, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Kenneth

Kenneth Deleted User

Came all the way across cyberspace to visit with you.:thumb: Cindy and I are currently close to Galveston Texas, living fulltime in our 2008 Newmar Torrey Pine Fifthwheel. Still working in the area for now ,but soon enough we will get on the road.

Ken

Edit: Hope no one minds that we pull our rv (caravan) we sold our Class A because the fifthwheel has so much more room in it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2008
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TJ-RV

TJ-RV Deleted User

Well, there's nowt wrong with a fifthwheel. Our daughter and SIL have one. Since they have a small house, the fiver becomes the Granny and Grandpa quarters when we visit. Makes us feel right at home.

I installed a 30A receptacle outside the garage, and I always remind our SIL to fill the propane tanks before we get there. They live at 3500 feet in the Sierra foothills, above the snow line. We prefer to be warm & comfortable.

Attached Files:

3. ukrv

ukrv Deleted User

Hi Guys

Welcome Both.

Tom - the photo from the relatives place looks great - I would love it.

Well, I would love it long enough to play with a snow blower thingy (about a day or two then) and then it would be down to the sun.

Paul

4. TJ-RV

TJ-RV Deleted User

LOL Paul, we don't stay there too many nights in a row. It's only 2 hours from home, but there's a huge difference in climate.

How about these photos from when we visited a couple of our kids in Kentucky, on our way home from Florida last February. We were camped in my son's driveway and the only available power outlet was 15A. Barely enough for a small fan heater. We kept blowing fuses, but needed something to supplement the LPG heat.

Check out the icicles hanging from the coach in one of the photos. Brrrr makes me feel cold just looking at it. I was really concerned about the plumbing freezing and causing damage, so I turned on the basement heater. It's on a thermostat and didn't stop running the whole time we were there. After a week, with LPG running low and another storm on its way, we decided to get out of Dodge and head west. 2700 miles later we were home and in warmer weather.

Attached Files:

5. Lindy-C

Lindy-C Deleted User

Welcome to the FUN site Kenneth & Cindy, you are not alone as we have a few members with 5ers , I am sure there will be more in time >:) Fifth wheelers are becoming more popular in the UK these days due to their comfort and flexibility.

Hey Tom, hows about some sunshine photos......its cold enough here already! :Rofl1:

6. ukrv

ukrv Deleted User

Tom

We did the icicle thing when we were in Yellowstone.

It was -7C and the water hose froze, the tow-frame froze and locked, I just about froze and locked - but Ann-Marie STILL went out for a 3 mile jog at 6am. :Eeek:

The CG even had heater rods which went inside the water outlet to keep it thawed.

I remember using the hairdryer to try and defrost the tow-frame, whilst spraying it full of grease.

I did think at the time that the whole area was a bit deserted, until I found we were in the period between summer tourists leaving and all the snowmobiles arriving.

It was a lovely place to visit though, and I think we enjoyed it more without all the crowds.

Paul

7. TJ-RV

TJ-RV Deleted User

Lindy,

Here's a few from warmer climates for you:

- Camped at a friend's house on a lake in Gunbarrel City, Texas.

- Off-road in Moab, Utah.

- At a campground in Ottawa.

- A campground in New Brunswick.

- Las Cruces, New Mexico (not quote so warm).

Attached Files:

8. TJ-RV

TJ-RV Deleted User

- A Marathon Prevost conversion we looked at while at the factory in Coburg, Oregon. A cool $1.6M.

- Somewhere between Oregon and Washington states.

- Crater Lake, Oregon.

- Kah Nee Tah resort (Indian reservation), Warm Springs, Oregon.

- Quartzsite, in the Arizona desert. You find a spot and pitch your tent (or park your RV).

Attached Files:

9. Lindy-C

Lindy-C Deleted User

Fantastic photos Tom, and some amazing places.....thanks for sharing >:) you sure get about a bit :Laughing:

Love the Prevost - we could really cause chaos on the roads around Moreton in Marsh with one of those.....in true style!! :Rofl1:

10. TJ-RV

TJ-RV Deleted User

Lindy,

Yes we do get around. The maiden voyage on our current coach was 10,000 miles over a period of 14 weeks.

- Camped in an orange grove in Bakersfield, California. One of our favourite overnight stops when we head south from here. They allow you to pick the fruit.

- Getting online from the desert (before we upgraded to a roof mount system).

- In the desert there's only one dump station and a very long line (expect to wait a couple of hours).

- Chris (my wife) goes off-road in her Suburban.

- German tourists and their "camper bus" in Torrey, Utah. Definitely not my style of camping.

Attached Files:

11. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Welcome Ken & Cindy
    nice looking rig you have there it doesn't matter what you have with us guys we're all here to have fun. :thumb:

Hi Tom
    Thats what i call snow not the dirty slushy stuff that we get
    great pictures making me feel realy jealous

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  12. TJ-RV

TJ-RV Deleted User

Tony,

Don't be jealous, just come on over. We'd be glad to see you.

Fortunately, it doesn't snow where we live. Actually, I've seen snow twice in almost 30 years, and both times it wasn't enough to leave even a dusting on the ground. We have the opposite problem here - in the summer it's 41-43C.

13. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Welcome to Fun Kenneth and look forward to your post and any picture you have of your travels.

14. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Now thats my kind of winter Tom
    we are going to come out there Tom with the intention of buying another RV
    won't anything too expensive though

15. RuthRv

RuthRv Read Only Funster

welcome

hi tom
    i am the other half of winniebago tony, love your rig, snow is fantastic,easy saying that when i am indoors>:) welcome to our fun site sure you will enjoy it, our plan is to come. to usa in 2009 looking at buying a pre owned rv (cheap) so you never know we may see each other, in the meantime enjoy

ruth:Smile:

16. TJ-RV

TJ-RV Deleted User

Hi Ruth and thanks for the welcome. Glad you warned me who your hubby was. He looks like a big guy who probably has a gun on his belt. I'll be sure to behave myself.

Where in the USA do you plan to look for an RV? It's a big country, and we're as far from Florida as you are.

17. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Hi Tom
    not thought that far ahead yet
    Although i did see a Rex Air at De Martini's in California that would fit the bill

18. TJ-RV

TJ-RV Deleted User

Tony,

Tim DeMartini is a great guy to do business with. Straight as a die, very fair and always willing to make a deal. We have numerous friends who've each bought several coaches from him. His California place is in Grass Valley, a couple of hours from here and not far from our daughter's place in Nevada City. (He also has a place in Indiana).

If you decide to buy from the California outlet, be sure to let us know so we can get together.

19. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Tom
    sure will let you know
    we intend staying for a while in the US before shipping home so will have plenty of time to meet up look forward to it
    don't see the point in coming and not seeing some of that great country

20. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Go for it Tony:Wink: