Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Hello from Scotland

I just found this site today and signed up as it looks great and very informative. My wife and I are thinking of getting our first motorhome and packing away the tent so I'm now spending a lot of time reading up on different types of M/H on the internet and buying the well known magazines here in the UK. We also took a trip out to a big dealership up here in Scotland spending a few hour in and out all of the M/H, other family members have a motorhome and for the last few years and make regular trips to Europe spending longer time away and very much enjoying the life style.

What we've found so far is there's lot's to choose from and to take into consideration, we're looking to get 4 birth with 4 seat belts, low profile with maybe pull down bed, good kitchen layout and decent size oven/grill, 3500kg limit and decent personal payload, 6 to 6.5m length keeping the width low 2.3m or less, hopefully a well made and reliable make with great aftercare service. I'm sure there'll be more to add to the list Smile Also I have found that there are a few new models that are coming out any time now and I'm looking forward to seeing the latest spec Smile

Thanks for now :thumb:
DonA4000

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Don, welcome to MotorhomeFun.:welcome:
:flyingwelcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Welcome.Sounds to me like you should be looking for a Knaus!!:thumb:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Welcome to the FUN and you have come to the right place for advise. :thumb:

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Welcome to the fun
If that dealership is between Perth & Dundee have spent many a weekend looking at the vans on offer BUT always found them expensive lots of good smaller dealerships but enjoy looking but don't rush into anything

carsan

Free Member
Jul 6, 2011
Argyll
Funster No
MH
rv hi top
Exp
Since July 2011
Hi and welcome to motorhome fun hope you get what your looking for, good hunting.

OP
OP
DonA4000
Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Thanks for the warm welcome :Smile: I'll certainly be taken my time in getting the right motorhome which those Knaus' s look good :Cool: and will seek out some more dealerships to go and visit.

Don :thumb:

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Welcome to the fun
If that dealership is between Perth & Dundee have spent many a weekend looking at the vans on offer BUT always found them expensive lots of good smaller dealerships but enjoy looking but don't rush into anything

We bought our first van from them and it was a mistake that lasted an expensive 6 months.We were inexperienced and thought the most important thing was to stick local.Our next purchase involved a round Britain tour and we finally got our van in Nottinghamshire and have had no problems and after two years are still delighted with it!:thumb:

OP
OP
DonA4000
Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
We bought our first van from them and it was a mistake that lasted an expensive 6 months.We were inexperienced and thought the most important thing was to stick local.Our next purchase involved a round Britain tour and we finally got our van in Nottinghamshire and have had no problems and after two years are still delighted with it!:thumb:

Thanks, that's good to know as I was thinking best stay local just in case anything went wrong and having to travel the country to get it fixed but what's more important in our decision will be customer aftercare service as its such a big ££ purchase you want to have that reassurance even if its never used :Smile:

Do we have a thread on here appraising dealers aftercare / service (not a complaints as I could see how this may not be aloud? ) :winky:

:thumb:

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Greetings from Argyll, when were looking, there was a similar van to the one we eventually bought at a dealer in Scotland, I would have been happy to purchase the one they had in stock but they simply would not negotiate a sensible deal, I ended up buying one in the West Country.
It is now booked into the local dealer for its 1st service and I am assured by both dealers that they could deal with any warranty work should anything be required as that is part of the dealership agreement with Hymer. I understand this may not necessarily the case with other manufacturers.

On another subject ie New MH's and quality issues, 11 months and 11400 miles faults list.

1) nylon cupboard door stay failed.
2) one floor level led failed.
3) one led running light failed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back