smiffy64

Free Member
May 3, 2017
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
My wife and I became motorhome owners in February after 'scrimping and saving' for the last four years with a tent. Absolutely loving it so far. I have joined Britstops, but mostly using mainstream parks. She is a Dethleffs T7150.

We have had a few 'teething problems' with engine management lights coming on, and now the kitchen tap has failed. But we are still very keen and look forward to taking her out as often as possible. Hopefully the novelty will not wane. Being a seasoned camper having had tents and caravans for the last 25 years, we think we have definitely and finally found our 'comfort zone'.

Be prepared for some possibly stupid questions!

Ray.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
IMG_0598.JPG
From Glasgow. There's a few Scottish rallies in the calendar if you are interested. You need to subscribe first though. Best £15 for the year you will have spent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello Ray & Mrs Ray, and welcome to the Fun :hiya:

There are a few meets planned for Scotland this year, some even have some places left!
(but - and I hope you don't mind me mentioning it this early in your Funster career - to be able to access them you need to pay annual subs - the best £15 you'll ever spend)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Lol snap. I too was thinking about mentioning the £15 as I think sometimes folk are pounced on too quick but you can't come to actually without being subscribed do had to mention it...same as you (y)

Besides it will give them the chance to show once again that Scots aren't tight:LOL:

Reactions: CWH
OP
OP
smiffy64

smiffy64

Free Member
May 3, 2017
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
If I just get some help from all you experienced motorhome owners then that is £15 well spent.

Last edited:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
OK, so I have subscribed. What do I get for that then?
If I just get some help from all you experienced motorhome owners then that is £15 well spent.
Good man!

You can now get to see lots more of the different forums
You can get Funster discounts from a few useful traders,
Broken Link Removed
and free Fun downloads eg checklists
You can go to meets & rallies
You can send & receive personal messages
Oh - and you can get Funster stickers for your motorhome!

AND (extended drum-roll please)
You now have unlimited posts (pre-subscribing you have only 5 - see, you'd have run out of posts by now!) so you can spend 24/7 on here giving and seeking advice, information, banter, jokes, chat, gossip, photos, insults, whatever floats your boat!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome, I'm currently parked up just across the water from you at Mussleburgh. £15 well spent even for a fellow Scot :)

OP
OP
smiffy64

smiffy64

Free Member
May 3, 2017
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
It's not that I am tight or that £15 is grudged, it's the fact that the amount of money I have spent on the motorhome and the accessories is the main source of the moans from my wife at the moment.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
It's not that I am tight or that £15 is grudged, it's the fact that the amount of money I have spent on the motorhome and the accessories is the main source of the moans from my wife at the moment.

You'll find that you will save far more than £15 from the advice and tips you get on here. Ask any questions about anything and you'll get an answer, mind you it's not always a sensible one :)

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us.

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Another Fifer here - Dunfermline.
Welcome to Fun, lots of useful knowledge gained here.
Enjoy your new toy.(y)
PS, once you've had a good look round the forum, you might be tempted to dabble in political debate. My advice is, don't. :mad:

Reactions: CWH
OP
OP
smiffy64

smiffy64

Free Member
May 3, 2017
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
PS, once you've had a good look round the forum, you might be tempted to dabble in political debate. My advice is, don't. :mad:
The irony is, I bought my motorhome from the local UKIP MP in the area I travelled to buy it...so I have literally already had my fill of political debate before I even started in motor homing. ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back