K33FON

Free Member
May 5, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Retired handyman, technician and chef to name three careers I've had. Just bought a transit van and will be converting it into a campervan over the next few months.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us. Good luck with your project.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
images-5.jpeg

Attachments

• downloadfile-2.gif
    downloadfile-2.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 4

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome, sounds like a good combination if skills there, look forward to hearing your progress on your conversion. :pink:

?

Deleted User
Retired handyman, technician and chef to name three careers I've had. Just bought a transit van and will be converting it into a campervan over the next few months.

Cool. I will be doing that in a couple of years with a Transit. In the middle of a cheap convert of a Peugeot Expert just now. Where in Jocksville you fi?

OP
OP
K

K33FON

Free Member
May 5, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
image.png
Hi all, thanks for the great welcomes. We're in Kintyre. It's a transit 350 AWD 140 PS MWB with medium roof, double cab in van. So it already has nice tinted side windows and we intend to keep it stealthy as possible so the only exterior mods will be a couple of roof vents. First thing to sort out is swivelling the seats, taking out the three rear seats and the bulkhead. Any advice on swivel mounting would be very welcome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

?

Deleted User
Youtube is full of transit conversions for ideas to steal. Having just pot a swivel plate in i can say its an easy job. The plate site between the seat and base frame. Slide your seat forwards or back and look inside the runners you will see the fixing bolts. If you are buying whole seats then its the four/six bolts on the floor. Worth looking under the van first as if the bolts are hanging through its worth getting a wire brush onto them and a spray with something the day before.

OP
OP
K

K33FON

Free Member
May 5, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
We have a double passenger seat, I'm unsure of what happens to the seatbelt mounting for the centre seat, certainly the swivel plate would need to go on the floor as the top of the seat frame is too wide for it. The drivers side looks relatively simple as the runners sit on the battery box, not sure whether to put the swivel under the runners or on top of the runners.

?

Deleted User
Mine is under the runner. I binned my double front seat to allow access from the cab but you can get rear swivel. Have a look on ebay as there was some the last time i look. Unsure if for the transit but no doubt could adapt a VW one

OP
OP
K

K33FON

Free Member
May 5, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Not sure what you mean by a rear swivel. There's been plenty of stuff on YouTube but I'm unsure if the double seat will rotate 180 as some folk on forums say it won't, and some say it will. If I could find somebody who has done it and could ask them directly for advice, I'd be a lot happier.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Then no excuse for it being any less than perfection for you. Very satisfying. Lots of clues on this site if you hunt around.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Hi and welcome, best of luck with your project. We can see Kintyre from our place.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back