Hello from Scotland!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sun Seekers, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Sun Seekers

Sun Seekers Deleted User

Hi everyone.

We are a family of newbies from sunny(!) :Rofl1: Edinburgh. Mum and dad both in their 50's and daughter (that's me!) late 20's. We also have two young rescue dogs who are the best behaved dogs in Edinburgh! :Cool:

We have decided to buy a motorhome and use it to tour France and Spain for 6 months with a view to buying property down there to live permanently.

We have lots of questions. As I said, we don't own a motorhome yet so we are completely at your mercy! :Eeek:

Kelly

2. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi and welcome :thumb: cannot believe no one welcomed you before now :Rofl1: ask away :thumb::Wink:
    terry

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

What's the first one, "Describe Sun" ?

That could be tricky and quite frightening for you, but fire away on MH questions.

4. purdo4

purdo4 Read Only Funster

Hi Kelly,

welcome,this is the best place to ask questions about Motorhomes.My hubby and i
    along with our small dog have been enjoying it for over 2 years now,we love it.Just to pack up and trundle off,where ever the fancy takes you is fantastic.We can throughly recommend it.We go away right through the year and have met some lovely people (and their dogs)

Hope you find what you are looking for.You really need to go to lots of shows,check out as many vans as possible.Then decide what you would like for your family.We have a Bessacar E725 with a large U shaped lounge.We like to use the sofa as single beds,it
    suits us very well.We have a double bed above the cab for taking the Granchildren away.Everybody is different,some like fixed beds, some just make the double bed up.We enjoy the comfort that a spacious lounge gives us as well as more space to move around.

Good luck in your quest.Let us know how you get on

Mo :thumb:

5. Blisters

Blisters Read Only Funster

Hi And welcome to Fun

If I was to offer you one piece of advice it would be to hire a motorhome for a few days and go to some where like Newark or Peterborough show. This would allow you to talk to people first hand, look at all the m/h on show and find what you like or imore importantly don't like about living with in a motorhome:thumb:

Graham

6. Sun Seekers

Sun Seekers Deleted User

Thanks for the welcome.

We are indending to hire a MH and also visiting some shows. Notts and Germany. 'Mama Sun Seeker' thinks we should go for a LHD which would make sense for 6 months abroad.

Thanks Mo, we have been looking at a couple of Bessacar E725's. Good to find another doggie person on here by the way!

hilldweller. This is for you :Tongue1: hehe :Wink:

Thanks for the replies!

Kelly

7. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

:)

I've worked in Cowdenbeath quite a bit this year, I'm not sure how I survived the cold.

Took me hours to cross the Forth Bridge, herds of brass monkeys in a death or glory charge south.

And who will be following them !!!

8. gypsylady

gypsylady Read Only Funster

Welcome

Welcome to the 'fun site'.

We come up to Edinburgh regularly to visit my daughter, so pm me and maybe we could get together.

We are also planning our first European trip as our 2 old dogs died last year and the new addition has her passport ready.

We have had a 'van' for 2 1/2 years (this is our second) I think most people will tell you you dont get it right first time.

The advice to hire and try is a good one and might just save you some cash.

I was certain that we needed a rear lounge for the adults bed, and an overcab bed for the child to be squeezed into.

How wrong I was? Why should he have the biggest double bed? and us oldies have to make up our bed every night.

Good Luck with your search, we're now looking for a van to full time.