Feb 8, 2015
Linköping Sweden
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, I'm Finn, don't be confused now, I call myself GreatDane in my avatar,
i am danish but moved to Sweden 45 years ago.
That said i began a DIY campervan project for about 3 years ago, bought me an old (99) Ducato Maxi
from some construction workers, it looked like crab, but now after manny hours of insulation,
making a bed, seats and a kichen i can live in it, have been travelling to the north of sweden, norway, denmark and germany, United Kingdom would be great to visit, but have never tryed driving on the left side of the road, but there's so many interesting and beautiful places there, so maybe some day.
Now Im waiting for the snow to melt and the temprature to rise and in the middle of march i will be heading for denmark to visit my mom and siblings, and the germany.
I'm also e member of the swedish motorhome club HBK vith more than 12,000 active members.
I'm looking forward to see what this will lead to, I know it will be fun, have a nice day, and thanks for reading. :)
PS. I know my spelling and grammar isn't correct, but I'll do my best.
Sincerely
FinnV

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
welcome.jpg

Welcome from the beautiful Scottish Borders

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
United Kingdom would be great to visit, but have never tryed driving on the left side of the road

neither have half the UK drivers.. :ROFLMAO:

welcome.. but living where you do, I wouldn't rush to the UK..

wildcamping is frowned upon, motorhomes barely tolerated in some towns, very few aires, camping sites expensive, roads are jam packed, stay where you are.. Scandinavia must be a wonderful place to motorhome.. :)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Finn and welcome to fun, we visited Scandinavia last summer and fell in love with it. We travelled up the west coast of Sweden then into Norway we only got as far up as Flam and then ferry over to Denmark before heading home, we will definitely be back.

OP
OP
GreatDane

GreatDane

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Linköping Sweden
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you all, I'm overwhelmed by all the kind words, this site is realy friendly and welcoming, ask me if you want advise about traveling with a motorhome in Sweden, camp grounds, aries or natural camping in woods or by the lakes, there is no laws against camping in the wild, but most important then, Live No Trace. :)
Next i will have to learn how to attach photos!
linbana1.jpg

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Hello Finn and welcome from Wales. (the best part of UK......probably):)
I have spent a lot of time in Scandinavia but have never been to Finland, something that will be remedied in 2016!
PS. To echo, echo, echo what Bailey58 said..........your grammar etc is fine and I am only sad that I do not have the command of your language that you do of mine. Nice one!(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Hi and welcome from me and my Great Dane - Phoebe :) Sweden looks a wonderful place to visit, maybe sometime in the future for me? What would be the best time of year to visit there? :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello Great Dane, wow wow wow.... what a fabulous photograph and what a lovely life you seem to lead from the small amount you have told us. Looking forward to your posts ....

NATURAL camping in the woods!!!! is that AU NATURELLE or just camping naturally ... :) :) .. either way it sounds like Fun. :)

OP
OP
GreatDane

GreatDane

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Linköping Sweden
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Depends what you will like to do on a visit dippingatoe? I prefer visiting the wilder parts of lappland and the mountains on my trips,
let me recommend this: http://www.wildernessroad.eu/ done the trip two times myself, may 15 to about september would be
perfect, the heigest and westerly parts is only open in that time, rest of the year there's about two meters of snow, be prepared to meet
some mosquitos there,not always, you can drive for hours and not meet any cars, take a dirtroad a 100 yards from the main road, find a nice spot
and see no people for two weeks, but there's cities and contryside to :)
Movan, is camping of grid, and i have no problem sitting i a chair naked, besides the mosquitos, this photo is for you! :D
50 yards from the river, but no fish today.

fiske.jpg

And 3 miles from the nearest road, I live life.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hi @GreatDane , your mention of the Wilderness road brings back memories for me :) My wife and I visited Denmark, Norway and Sweden last year. We love Scandinavia !

Here are a few photo's taken along the Wilderness road......

(look closely at the left of the second photo and you will see where we stopped over one night :))

w1.jpg
w2.jpg
w3.jpg
w4.jpg
w5.jpg
w6.jpg
w7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We have travelled the Wilderness way in Lapland in summer, even then it was preety cold with snow on high ground........:)

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Hi @GreatDane , your mention of the Wilderness road brings back memories for me :) My wife and I visited Denmark, Norway and Sweden last year. We love Scandinavia !

Here are a few photo's taken along the Wilderness road......

(look closely at the left of the second photo and you will see where we stopped over one night :))

View attachment 54201 View attachment 54202 View attachment 54203 View attachment 54204 View attachment 54205 View attachment 54206 View attachment 54207

Yeah but what about the bears :eek:

OP
OP
GreatDane

GreatDane

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Linköping Sweden
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Haven't seen any yet, but i hope to, I can understand people is scared to meet a bear,
but all attacs happen to hunters with a dog, but do not leave any food outsite over night,
then it could be gone in the morning, they simply don't see us as food, they have better hearing than us,
the run,so most likely you wont see one!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Depends what you will like to do on a visit dippingatoe? I prefer visiting the wilder parts of lappland and the mountains on my trips,
let me recommend this: http://www.wildernessroad.eu/ done the trip two times myself, may 15 to about september would be
perfect, the heigest and westerly parts is only open in that time, rest of the year there's about two meters of snow, be prepared to meet
some mosquitos there,not always, you can drive for hours and not meet any cars, take a dirtroad a 100 yards from the main road, find a nice spot
and see no people for two weeks, but there's cities and contryside to :)
Movan, is camping of grid, and i have no problem sitting i a chair naked, besides the mosquitos, this photo is for you! :D
50 yards from the river, but no fish today.

View attachment 54200
And 3 miles from the nearest road, I live life.
Would like to see the photograph of you taking that photograph ....... :):Eeek::Eeek:

OP
OP
GreatDane

GreatDane

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Linköping Sweden
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Movan, this was before they invented the selfie stick. :cool: Two years ago.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back