Free Member
May 25, 2014
Southsea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
newbies :)
Hi we still holiday during school breaks due to daughter still at school, we never book a site and never have problems finding one. So I'd just go for it that way your not tied to somewhere you might not like.

Thanks for the tip Lorger. I feel a mix of bookings and "winging it" coming on. MHF is amazing, so many helpful replies!

OP
OP
O

oma and opa

Free Member
May 25, 2014
Southsea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
newbies :)
hello and welcome, it can get a bit mad in here but who cares.
Aires are just another word for Areas and have blossomed all over Europe (except the UK) over the last few years. If you arrive at about 4pm or just a little bit later, you will not often be dissapointed. As someone already said, if it is full, just drive to the next town or village to find another one. If you use TomTom there is a free download of Aires to keep you going.
Have fun and do not worry about not finding somewhere to stop for the night, at the very worst, many campsites have a park for late arrivals which is usually just outside of the gate.
Have fun!
Alan

Thanks, Alan. We plan a leisurely journey, so stopping driving by 4 in the afternoon will fit nicely into the plan! Thanks for the tip, Paul and Julie ::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Cheers Wildman - My best girlie, Julie is a Pompey lass and we live in Southsea! You guessed right, my dad was German! Thanks for the tip on the books!
Play up Pompey!
Paul and Julie
I also lived in Southsea, and had a chandlers shop in Henderson road at one time.
(for those who don't know Oma and Opa is Grandma and Grandpa)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back