Hello from just inside the LEZ

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Badshot, May 30, 2008.

1. Badshot

Badshot Deleted User

Hello all,

I recently took up motorhoming about a year ago, after importing a great van from Germany, so far all has been well, and the vans been the source of some great fun and travel adventures for all the family.

That was at least till I heard about the LEZ ( low emission zone ).
    My Van being a 1990 Burstner on a Fiat Ducatto base falls foul of the new law and will need some sort of filter conversion after 2010 ish.

I like most haven't got money to burn, and with a young family need every penny I can get so cant really afford a newer model:Sad:

She just passed her 2nd MOT last week with flying colours and the thought crossed my mind to sell her, but the kids love it and so do we, maybe we could sell the house and move outside the zone, now that sounds better!

Anyway as I said, Hello all.

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Jul 19, 2007
    Hi Paul, welcome to the Fun, happy house hunting:BigGrin:
  3. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Tropical Bar & Rock n Roll House, Benidorm.
    Hi Badshot

Welcome to MHFun, lots of friendly folk here, I believe that there are a few in a similar position to yourself with regard to the LEZ.
    We live just 200 yards inside the zone, fortunately we are compliant.
    It appears that to make the older vehicles compliant it will cost about £3k if you can find anyone prepared to carry out the necessary work. At the moment the recommended companies only seem interested in the commercial vehicle market.
    Our own solution to the problem, should it ever affect us, would be to find secure parking outside of the zone. An inconvenience traveling back and forth whenever you want to use your van, but £3k buys quite a few years storage and you dont have to pay it out all in one go.
    Hope it all works out for you