Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Been looking for somewhere down south for a long time, Andy.... will pm you tomorrow to let you know what happening ... life hectic at the moment.. :)

Ok, just remember, Movan, plaster a big smile on your face...........it keeps everyone guessing. :wink::laughing:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Ok, just remember, Movan, plaster a big smile on your face...........it keeps everyone guessing. :wink::laughing:

LOL Andy.... no no no... Life isn't hectic because of my girls night out .... just life in general. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Blaise, welcome from Winchester. You're in exactly the right place to get the best help, just ask. Cheers. Terran

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Hi everyone.

I have posted a question in the beginners' section and would be really grateful for your help. When it comes to motorhomes I haven't a clue what I'm doing so could easily make a bad decision :-(.

Blaise

Hi and a very warm welcome, the following is my contribution to local dealers so it really is buyer beware. Lots of luck in your search but it is YOU who will make the experience a delight not some one who needs to relieve you of your hard earned dosh.......

(n)(n)(n)Having lived and worked abroad for the last 20 years it was always my intention to purchase a motor home on my return to the UK when I retired. I spent a lot of time and effort to find the right vehicle and eventually settled on a Devon Tempest, 2 years old and with 1500 miles on the clock. What I should have done was completed the purchase after the dealer Dolphin Motor homes had done the habitation check. my mistake!. The van was sent off to their Southampton branch for the habitation certificate to be issued and in my opinion that is what they did, issued the certificate because they certainly DID NOT DO THE WORKS, the van was delivered to me with a faulty fresh water tank, waste water problem, toilet badly functioning and other jobs either done badly or not done at all.

:mad:The waste water tap was ceased and needed renewing the electrics on the fresh water system were faulty there was a bolt missing from the strike plate on the rear door the swivel seats would not swivel the radio and Sat nav system did not work along with other problems.:mad: All of these problems I was assured would be corrected but the van had to go back to Southampton as the Iford branch only has a valeting bay and not a mechanics workshop, imaging my surprise 3 days later when I phoned Southampton to be told :mad:“NO” we do not have a bay to lift the vans and our man has taken his tools to Iford to carry out the faults there, (obviously laying on his back on the floor)

The offending problems were all done bar the radio/sat nav which apparently 3 people had tried to correct, the main dealer had been contacted , who was not prepared to give free advice and eventually the MD fiddled with the system (his words not mine) and after 15 minutes did manage to solve part of the problem. I have solved the remaining fault with a friend. :mad:I now intend to have the gas check done by an independent engineer All of the running about has been at my expense and I feel that the company had no interest what so ever after my monies had been banked..:mad:

I started by explaining that I had been abroad for twenty years and am aware that the UK is named RIP OFF BRITAIN; service like this only adds fuel to the fire. IWOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi from Hampshire too........ crackin' site this, loads of sound advice and whilst there are plenty of nutters, they're all harmless... Griff

OP
OP
B

Blaise

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
wanting to buy first one
Exp
new to this
So much help; thank you. Have just updated my other thread :)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
hello smiley.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.