Hello from Greece

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by katerinapan, Aug 20, 2012.

1. katerinapan

katerinapan Read Only Funster

Hello to all from Beautiful Greece. I don't own a motorhome yet but i have enjoyed this kind of escape to the nature for the last 6-7 years. My brother owns a motorhome rental company here so its very easy to take one - except in the summer - and discover my country in the most fascinating way.... believe me there is a lot to see...

2. husheechee

husheechee Read Only Funster

Kalimera

We love Greece too,such a wonderful country,my girlfriend has friends there she lived in Athens for 18 years,where abouts are you located?Some of her friends live near Tripoli.

3. Addie

Addie Trader - Motorhome Wifi

We spent 10 weeks Wild Camping in Greece last year. We loved every single minute of it.

It's getting expensive now (food and fuel) but that was offset by relatively low daily costs and fantastic free camping opportunities like this:

[​IMG]

(Click to Enlarge)

http://www.europebycamper.com/search/label/Greece
    (don't forget to click older posts at the bottom)

• Like Like x 1
  4. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Hi and welcome katerinapan, love your country will visit again one day, god willin:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  5. simi

simi Read Only Funster

We love Greece too. spent a few happy summers on our boat in Lefkas, enjoy.Yamas:BigGrin:

6. katerinapan

katerinapan Read Only Funster

unfortunately i live in Athens. It is not the best place to visit.....
    katerinapan

7. camper

camper Read Only Funster

Greece

Like others, I love Greece.
    I worked and lived in Nea Ionia, suburb of Athens , in 1979.
    A beautiful end to my youth.Used to wander about on foot mailnly using the metro to try a few different places.
    I remember sitting in a cafe in Kifissia on my own with not a soul on the streets or in the nearby hills. where i remember having to flee from a swarm of bees.
    Ended up in Kalamata which was still quiet then.Had many early morning swims in that beautiful blue sea -often just me and the fishes, although one morning I saw thee elderly ladies on their way to work who couldn't resist the sea.They were transformed into screaming, laughing children as soon as they splashed in.
    I can still taste the retsinaand often reminisce with Nikos Xylouris playing too loud on my headphones!

It makes me very sad to see how many Greeks are suffering because of the economy.
    Best wishes!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012