Hello from Gary and Sue (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just registered. We've been campers for years but only motor homers for the past seven. Both recently retired after 40 years with DWP and now on our third 'van; whoever said there is no such thing as the perfect 'van is dead right. First was a four berth over cab, but the kids never came with us, second was a low profile two berth, and they both wanted to borrow it for their own family holidays, and now we have a Hymer, so with luck, it will suit us all. Currently on an extended tour of Scotland, heading for Skye tomorrow. We are doing a trip to Morocco in October and been thinking about having Tyron bands fitted before we go; be interested to hear any views on them. What a life, how lucky we all are to be able to do this.
::bigsmile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Welcome to the forum.

Don't pay any attention to what the kids want, they will just be totally contrary whatever you do. I had a 7 berth MH and they didn't want to come, changed to a 2 berth PVC and Lo! they wanted to come. Just please yourself, let them eat cake (or possibly brioche):Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum.. a lot less members about at the moment as a 100 are heading off to the Peterborough Show or going out to France... so a bit quite at this time.

Lots to see on the site and a good place for info and exchange of ideas and a bit of banter or disagreement in the U shape lounge debates near the bottom of the forums.. but mainly good natured .. few feathers get ruffled from time to time.

But join in.... the subs £10 are the best investment ever... lots of members discounts as well from time to time.

Bob

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Hymer B544 and welcome to Motorhome Fun, hope you find your new van suits your needs, we have the 584 and find it excellent for the two of us, while you are at Skye if you have not already called at Plockton, just over the bridge at the Kyle of Lochalsh, beautiful little place, and you can park on the car park it says no over night parking, but we have stayed there with no problems. there is also a water tap be hind the boats if you look..

Enjoy the forum loads of informationon here, nice to have you aboard, as Bob says well worth the £10 annual fee, you will get it back time and time again in discounts and advice.:welcomefunster:

OP
OP
HymerB544
Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thanks for the tips about Skye, Carol. Are on our last day at the C and Cc site at Inverewe today, and have had three days of warm sun - until today that is! Although our close friends have a Hymer ( and that is what tempted us to swap our newer Chausson for this) the number of different models is bewlidering to say the least! Can't knock the quality though, compared to what we have had before, including the first van which was a Dethleffs, this is quality gear. How did you load your photo on the site? And yes, we will subscribe now as I can see it is going to be worthwhile. Cheers, Gary

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Gary, the best way to see how to put the photo on is if you look at the top bar you will see "Help Video's" shows you on there.

Or go to My profile and click on Avatar Photo and follow the instructions, should do it. :thumb:

Mar 11, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
b544

Welcome to the forum. This is about my 4th contribution but we also have a b544 and have a good idea of your hapiness when you hit the highway en route to some familiar campsite or on a longer trip to somewhare new.

We started in 2006 and are on our 4th vehcile but expect this one to stay in favour for a long time to come.

Happy motoring,
janet and John:winky:

OP
OP
HymerB544
Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thank you all for your replies and being a true Yorkshireman, I am posting just one reply (saving three!). If any of you have yet to visit Skye, then do it soon. We have only been here three days but the weather has been kind and the beaches and scenery are unbeatable. Tomorrow we head to Arisaig via the ferry for another three nights. I hope to see some or all of you someday on our travels; we can share travel tales and enjoy a glass of wine together. Garry : we do visit Dorset from time to time. One of my dearest and oldest friends runs the post office in Corfe Castle, so if you ar ever there, say hello to Ian form Gary.

Regards.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Gary and Sue welcome from fellow Hymer with 534 model down south, As stated before do not be afraid to ask

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Welcome:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Welcome to the forum. This is about my 4th contribution but we also have a b544 and have a good idea of your hapiness when you hit the highway en route to some familiar campsite or on a longer trip to somewhare new.

We started in 2006 and are on our 4th vehcile but expect this one to stay in favour for a long time to come.

Happy motoring,
janet and John:winky:

You have to tell us about this. 4th van in in 6 years:Eeek:

Was it layout issues?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back