Sep 27, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Just starting up
Hello everyone,

After many years of wanting and a few years playing at it with our Bongo, I finally have the motor home of my dreams. Well, actually it's a bit bigger than I wanted but that"s what happens when you go shopping with my husband! Anyway we are now the proud owners of a Chausson Flash 26, which has spent the last few months snowed in. Spring has arrived in the Alps, the snow has melted and we are looking forward to getting out and about to explore France, and Italy, and eventually I hope lots more of Europe.

First trip planned during the Easter holidays, so busy figuring out what we need, don't need and how to cram two teenagers wardrobes into the cupboards. I have been reading around the forum and have already picked up loads of helpful suggestions. I'm sure I will be picking your brains very soon.

:Smile:

Attachments

• Photo from 2011 Christmas .jpg
    Photo from 2011 Christmas .jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 51

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
:welcomefunster:

also from

:france:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Welcome Funster, looks to be in super condition. Unusual graphics though...:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
moo963

moo963

Free Member
Sep 27, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Just starting up
Well, it seems like there are lots of funsters in France! We live in Chamonix in the Alps.

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Welcome aboard or should i say abroad! Here's hoping you have a great first time away, you willl have to let us know how you all got on. :welcome:

OP
OP
moo963

moo963

Free Member
Sep 27, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Just starting up
First trip done!

Thank you for all your welcomes.

Last week we managed to manouver the van out of the drive and on our way on our first proper road trip. Very soon the first lesson was learnt .... Geneva airport departures car park, height limit 3m, that's fine, 3.5 t weight limit, that's fine, so in we go. Up to the ticket machine with a queue of cars behind to find that it was really narrow. Squeezed through with an inch or so to spare but not a great start. Lesson learnt that we are wide.

First fuel stop.... large tank equals large bill! The Swiss service station had a hook up and water supply for campers, all free and very convenient.

Next lesson... be prepared when going to big towns, trying to find a parking spot while we nipped into the shopping centre was a bit stressful. In the end McDonalds did us proud.

Long motorway drive south to Grenoble, eek, tolls are a bit pricey in a van, think we'll be using the normal roads more. Easy driving though and fuel consumption not too bad. Then a couple of hours on mountain roads to Serre Chevalier. We parked up in a convenient car park near where our friends live, which was a great base for a couple of days skiing. Undisturbed nights encouraging for further 'wild' camping. The beds were comfy, water heated quickly, stove worked, heater effective. Lots of storage space. Very successful.

Found an aire for a couple of hours parking in Aosta on the way home, 4 €, but same price as the local carparks.

All in all a successful trip. Have a list of essentials that need packing for next time, and need to think about an inverter so that we can charge stuff up, and maybe get a battery powered iPod dock for music.

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Well, it seems like there are lots of funsters in France! We live in Chamonix in the Alps.

Chamonix.......a beautiful place. :france:

I visited it first in 1968. My brother had been engaged to a French girl, Chantal, who decided she did not want to live in England and returned to France. She went to work in Chamonix hotel and I, with my mother & father, visited on our way to Italy.
I was last there about 5 years ago. Slightly hoping I might bump into Chantal again as I lost touch with her in the mid 70s. Unlikely as she would then have been in her late 60s :Doh:

I hope to visit again very soon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back