Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express Rambler
Exp
May 2014
Hi I'm Poppi a solo camper from Ottery st Mary Devon , been a camper for many years from tents to folding rapido and camp let and now my lovely little Daihatsu hi jet pick up and romahome called Daisy. Looking for friendly meets in and near Devon :)
Daisy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
what a sweet camper, welcome to the forum Poppi, we usually have a rally or two here in Ilfracombe, I look forward to seeing you next year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi and welcome from just up the road.. (Offwell)... (y)

OP
OP
Poppi

Poppi

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express Rambler
Exp
May 2014
Thanks Wildman and Devon Beekeeper have just put my name down for Dorset meet so will be looking for others within 2 hours drive from me.

OP
OP
Poppi

Poppi

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express Rambler
Exp
May 2014
Thank you Brisey and Dawn B (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Wow, welcome .... what a lovely van .... so cute and homely and welcoming.... Beautiful. :)

OP
OP
Poppi

Poppi

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express Rambler
Exp
May 2014
Thank you Janine , Movan and Cat53 ; she is tiny but has all i need and My business is re upholstering camper/caravans and motorhomes so when I got her i did out the interior :)
She was off the road when i bought her and had 12 owners in the last twelve years so was unloved. I had a stainless steel exhaust made for her and my son made sure she was mechanically sound. I still have to sort out a new leisure battery and solar panel set up but the charge she holds at the moment is ok for charging up my mobile phone and i use gas for cooking and fridge and lights on batteries for now.

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Welcome,
Alan + Diane,

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Poppi and welcome to the Fun! (y):welc:

Love your van - it looks sooooo cozy!

OP
OP
Poppi

Poppi

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express Rambler
Exp
May 2014
Nice welcome on this group thanks everyone :*

OP
OP
Poppi

Poppi

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express Rambler
Exp
May 2014
Thank you Carolyn, Irnbru and scousebird, she may be small but has all i need :)

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
Hi Poppi and welcome to Fun.
You have done well to get your name on the list for the Dorset Fun Rally as it really was a fab week last year and a great crowd. You will find a good few other solo travellers there but you won't ever feel alone as each day people got together and looked out for each other like one big family. I went as a virtual newbie but made treasured friends that I am staying in touch with. Don't let that be your first meet though, it is a long time from now until June !

There don't seem to be many meets arranged in the south-west but we can make them happen. It is so beautiful down here in Devon you are right that it is daft to always travel so far, and Cornwall tends to be forgotten in winter which is what I think makes it all the more attractive (too full up in summer for my liking). There are plenty of quiet moors and beaches waiting to be visited now and many that are more easily accessible for our smaller vans. The weather drove me home last night from my latest trip to Westward Ho!, Bude and Dartmoor but I shall be off again just as soon as this wind settles. Hope I get to meet up with you and your dinky camper real soon.
Welcome to motorhomeFun !

OP
OP
Poppi

Poppi

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express Rambler
Exp
May 2014
Thank you so much simply
I am hoping to go away a lot between now and then ; I have joined a few groups to try to find my "niche" and get the most of fairly local meets. I like meets with a campfire in the evening to make the dark evenings a more sociable occasion instead of people being shut away in their own motorhomes watching tv (which can be done at home) maybe have a sing song or just chat.
Perhaps I'm asking too much?

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
Not asking too much, sounds good to me. I enjoy being social and love the simple things that are provided by mother nature - splendid views, sun on my face, wind in my hair kind of things. See my avatar - no, it's not actually a sunset, that's sunrise which I love even more. You'll be delighted to know I never watch tv, it bores me silly so I have not even owned a television for at least 15 years !

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi & Welcome from the Isle of Wight, might see you at the Dorset meet (our name's down but only for a couple of nights)
Again Big welcome.
Ann & Terry FIDGET

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back