Pharmbouy

Free Member
May 19, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
Funster No
Exp
15 years
We would like to say hi to everyone. Link Removed

I have just joined this forum to follow the goings on of RVing in the UK and Europe. My wife Betty and I do a lot of RVing in Canada, USA, and Mexico.

We are presently researching the idea of trying out the UK and Europe.
We are looking at at least 2 - 5 month sessions during the summer. This time frame cancels the possibility of renting because of the expense, so it leaves us with either: 1- buying and selling, 2- shipping our units over, 3- RV exchange.

We have just completed a lovely 5 months and 11,000 km trip to Mexico with a group of 3 other friends. It was a great trip and experience. If you would like to visit our web site and view our adventure in Mexico please do so. Link Removed

Hoping to glean lots of information about how things are done there in your RV world. Right now, I am trying to figure out your propane system, seems kind of confusing.

Cheers

Last edited:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Welcome from Canada :welcome:

I know there was people asking on other threads here wether anyone wanted to swap RV's for a holiday................I'm quite tempted myself :thumb:

You mentioned the word 'Summer' .................what does it mean? .........................the only suntaned people in the UK are politations and RV'rs that go to south of France...........the rest of the tans are rust lol! :ROFLMAO:

Boo

WOW!! just looked at your scenery pics................just look at the size of that asparagus!! :0

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
S

Sweeney-todds

Deleted User
Hi Larry & Betty.

What a smashing picture of you both.............:welcome:to a great site.
Well......you guys are living the dream thats for sure.....good for you!!

Love the web site, thanks for sharing.

You have some good looking buddies:ROFLMAO:......they must LUUUUURVE you!!!!

Bill and Lorraine.:Smile:

lady jann

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
welsh border
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
approx 10 yrs
hi welcome ::Smile:

we have some great memories of visits to b c , to barkerville ,likely ,yanks peak ,snow shoe pass, seeing the bears ,one linkez, elk etc ...

did over 2000 miles each time , but never found the gold !!:roflmto:

hopeing to do simular again soon ..

regards rayval :Smile:

forever young :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Guys, welcome to the Fun:thumb:::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Welcome to the site. there were others considering an RV swap, not sure what the insurance problems would be in the UK. What problem are you having understanding Propane?
7d8bb0f6.gif

Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Welcome Larry and Betty

Western Canada is a great favourite of ours. We've spent a lot of time there over the last 8 years. Done lots of touring in BC, Yukon and Alberta in truck campers and fifth wheels (relatives in Vancouver and Athabasca). We've been through Kamloops but didn't stop there.

We fell in love with the life so much that we've bought a fifth wheel here and spend lots of time in it.

Buying and selling would probably be best for you here and a truck camper might be a good idea (I see you have one there). This is one place I know of that sells them in the UK. Niche Marketing Campers and fifth wheels Prepare to be shocked though with the price difference between Canada and the UK :Eeek:

As far as I know Propane works in the same way that your tanks do except you exchange them when they're empty. We had to change the tanks in the fifth wheel as we were told they were illegal here and there was no way of refilling them.

If you get over here you must look us up :Smile:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Welcome from me too, on a wet windy Welsh morning I have been transported to your world. Thankis for posting your link and some stunning photos. ::bigsmile: The cranberry harvest is unbelieveable ! :whatthe:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi and welcome to Fun, the wonders of the internet where people from far off lands throughout the world can meet and share experiences.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back