jetree

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
South West
Funster No
MH
Hi Top Van
Exp
Hi - just to introduce myself and ask a couple of questions, please. As complete 'newbies', we plunged in and bought our Autosleepers Topaz in April. We have done trips locally but not slept in the van yet as we feel it might be a bit challenging now that we have experienced how tight a squeeze it is. It has been a boon to my husband as it has meant we could get out of the house knowing there is a toilet readily available (and a handy cuppa!) My husband is unable to walk far (30 yds, slowly), so we also have a small wheelchair packed into the van. We long to experience some winter sun but don't know where to start. Ideally, it would involve driving the van over to France/Spain then at 'the destination' being able to have somewhere bigger to sleep, as we feel the Topaz would be too restricted for sleeping in for several days. With hindsight, we should have gone for a slightly larger van but, being newbies, didn't feel confident about driving a larger vehicle, and didn't realise the restriction until actually using the van.
Has anyone overcome such problems and found an easy way of doing all this, please? Can anyone recommend a site with extra facilities? We would be grateful for any help as it would mean so much to get away somewhere safe, comfortable, and warm this winter! (whatever happened to the summer in this country?)
Thank you
Janet & Tony

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Someone will help answer questions shortly I'm sure but in the meanwhile :welcome: :Smile: :thumb:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Hi

Welcome !

Probably not what you want to hear but is there any chance that you might PX your Topaz for a more suitable van now that you are used to driving something bigger?

You will be surprised how quickly you get used to driving something bigger still.

Topaz's are very popular and should sell quickly if that's another option.:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back