sjsscotland

Free Member
Jan 21, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Hi all, we took delivery of our first campervan this weekend just gone, a Fifer Touring M. We have camped in the past but this is something new and exciting! Headed straight out for 2 nights and looking forwards to another 2 nights away this weekend! It will allow us to be more spontaneous than B&Bing and a bit more tolerant of not-so-nice weather than camping (of which we have plenty up here in Scotland).

We chose a PVC as it seemed more manovourable (sp?) than a coachbuilt, and easier to get down small country lanes - we are planning our first longer trip in Devon for 10 days over Easter so ability to handle narrow lanes is important.

Also hoping this will get us fit as will have to cycle or walk to the pub!

Any general advice for newbies appreciated, otherwise look forwards to meeting you all on the forums!! :Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome to fun from another Scotsman we are in the south west and i dont understand what you mean about not so nice weather i have been telling this lot it never rains in Scotland :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Feel free to ask loads of questions its the best way to learn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
welcome from us also

welcome from us as well... another one with scotland in there name... you are going to confuse me.

anyway welcome to the mad house, good place to be. Best £10 you will ever spend.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard.:RollEyes:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
love of full timeing,

Hi to all new and old of Fun, we are new to funsters and enjoy the blogs, my wife and i , have been motor homing and caravaning for many years, but enjoy more the motor home for long travels, we sold our home in the uk back in the 90s and went full timing, after manys years and Kms on the road, we stopped and settled down in the freedom of Sweden, exploring the country in the summer time's, Wild camping i might Add, wild camping in sweden is no proplem's and fun! in summer you have 24hr day light, great but now we have itchy feet again, and want full timing back in our blood, so its selling the house again and travel the rest of scandinavia and hopefully Russia?, then wintering south of Europe perhaps france or italy or may be the uk we will see! thats the wonders of full timing just wake up and explore the day as it come's NO RUSH, if any one out there would like info on traveling sweden and wild camping here please just Ask and we will do our best to answear your questions, Best Regards and cheers Alf marianne and not forgetting our Dog Bamse.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back