Hello from a noob - sort of !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DebsD, Sep 5, 2013.

1. DebsD

DebsD

Having hired a fair few motorhomes over the past 5 years, we finally took the plunge and bought one ! Son does motorsport commentary and the hire costs and/or hotel bills were killing us so we are now the proud owners of a 1996 'leaky' kontiki 640 :Wink:

So far so good, except for a slight crack in the shower tray which we are scouring the web for solutions to. Seems like hubby has a job to do taking it out and filling underneath unless any of you guys have a better suggestion ?

Other than that, we road tested it last weekend and had a great time until the leisure battery failed. New one now bought and all is good there :Cool:

Counting the days until our France trip next year as its big test but hopefully any teething problems will be sorted by then and it's off to the Aires again - yippeee :thumb:

2. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Hi and welcome:welcomefunster:
    Having a few "teething problems" of our own here in north Yorkshire:Sad:

Plenty of knowledgeable people on here, someone will help you out before long I'm sure:thumb:

Margaret & Bill

3. Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam Funster

Hi,
    I have a 97 Kon-tiki 650 which doesn’t leak at present, although there is some evidence that it did in the past. Co-incidentally our leisure battery failed on our first outing. How do they know?

Anyway welcome to this great club. Lots of help here for a new owner.

4. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Hi and welcome to fun

dont forget to look at the meets and rallies I am sure there will be one somewhere not too far from you over the next year so come along and enjoy and meet some funsters

5. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

shower tray

Hi, Debs D I was at Malvern motorhome show recently and there was a stall with shower tray repairs unfortunately I cant remember the name but they are out there there just keep looking its the Lincoln show soon I think they will be there as it is the the big one and the end of the season as it were :thumb:

6. treetops1

treetops1 Funster

The shower repair kit people were at Newark as well so should be at next meet.lol

7. DebsD

DebsD

Thanks for the welcome and definitely thx for the shower tray leads. Am guessing we will be on our way to a show very soon, although o'learys think they may have a replacement in stock if we can get the old one out........ Hmmm that is going to be fun - NOT ! :Eek!:

8. Blodwyn Pig

Blodwyn Pig Read Only Funster

Hello and welcome to the forum :thumb: