Hello from a noob - sort of ! (1 Viewer)

DebsD

Free Member
Aug 27, 2013
North West England
Funster No
MH
KonTiki 640 (an old one)!
Exp
Since 2008
Having hired a fair few motorhomes over the past 5 years, we finally took the plunge and bought one ! Son does motorsport commentary and the hire costs and/or hotel bills were killing us so we are now the proud owners of a 1996 'leaky' kontiki 640 :winky:

So far so good, except for a slight crack in the shower tray which we are scouring the web for solutions to. Seems like hubby has a job to do taking it out and filling underneath unless any of you guys have a better suggestion ?

Other than that, we road tested it last weekend and had a great time until the leisure battery failed. New one now bought and all is good there :Cool:

Counting the days until our France trip next year as its big test but hopefully any teething problems will be sorted by then and it's off to the Aires again - yippeee :thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi and welcome:welcomefunster:
Having a few "teething problems" of our own here in north Yorkshire:Sad:

Plenty of knowledgeable people on here, someone will help you out before long I'm sure:thumb:

Margaret & Bill

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
Hi,
I have a 97 Kon-tiki 650 which doesn’t leak at present, although there is some evidence that it did in the past. Co-incidentally our leisure battery failed on our first outing. How do they know?

Anyway welcome to this great club. Lots of help here for a new owner.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi and welcome to fun

dont forget to look at the meets and rallies I am sure there will be one somewhere not too far from you over the next year so come along and enjoy and meet some funsters

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
shower tray

Hi, Debs D I was at Malvern motorhome show recently and there was a stall with shower tray repairs unfortunately I cant remember the name but they are out there there just keep looking its the Lincoln show soon I think they will be there as it is the the big one and the end of the season as it were :thumb:

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
The shower repair kit people were at Newark as well so should be at next meet.lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DebsD

DebsD

Free Member
Aug 27, 2013
North West England
Funster No
MH
KonTiki 640 (an old one)!
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks for the welcome and definitely thx for the shower tray leads. Am guessing we will be on our way to a show very soon, although o'learys think they may have a replacement in stock if we can get the old one out........ Hmmm that is going to be fun - NOT ! :whatthe:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back