Hello from a newbie - but daughter of funster (1 Viewer)

A

ajwagonette

Deleted User
Hi all!

My dad (jjwagon) introduced me to the forum.

Having spent half my life trekking round in his vehicles as a child, I always knew that I wanted my own vehicle one day. Years and years later and I am finally in a position to start thinking about my own wagon...

I have pretty much decided that I want to buy a van as a base vehicle to convert myself, just deciding now what type to go for. Early thoughts veered towards library vans but although these had a lot of scope/space, they are (realistically) probably a bit big for my first project. I need something I can drive about fairly easily.

I won't be moving into the vehicle permanently at this stage but will want something to use for the whole festival season as well as for other travels. I also have a yurt and am getting a tipi so will have the option of carrying these as well for some extra partying space.

I'm looking forward to asking for lots of suggestions as to the vehicle itself and then loads of ideas about the conversion. Have found land for parking and a place to work on the van over the Autumn/Winter so am nearly ready to go...

I'm already a bit of a forum-addict on various festival related boards so be doubtless become just as hooked on this. :Smile:

ajwagonette

oldbloke

Free Member
Jan 21, 2009
bristol
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5years
sunshine

:RollEyes: Hi thought i would say hello, fairly new to this forum allthough i have had my van now for 5years,its a 1986 talbot talisman old but does the job, have a good day Alan:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Ajwagonete WELCOME to MH Fun:thumb::thumb:

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the funsters, will you be joining Dad at Shepton Mallet show in Sept, if So I look forward to meeting you.

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
hi sounds like fun to convert yourself brave to do that but best of luck with your project

carl & helen :welcome:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
:welcome: ajwagonette! to the fun site, you will settle in well here as they are so friendly and helpful here , look forward to meeting you soon!

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi ajwagonette, :welcome: to motorhome fun, good luck with your van conversion, I would be one of the many that has had the pleasure of having a few :drink::beerchug: with JJ, I would say, :whatthe: having seen the craftsman at work in his Black beast ( with a big thumb print on it ) :Doh: making a wardrobe door, ::bigsmile: He has past on some of his wisdom.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Im sure if you can get him to stay still long enough, he will give you a hand.:winky: Bob. :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Welcome, my dear Amy, to the Funster's site. It will brilliant when you get your own van! If we can get your brother to learn to drive we could have a family festival (and invite everyone from the forum!)

JJ

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
welcome

Hello and welcome to Carlsburg site. Heard a few stories from jj whilst sitting in the door way of his black tongo'd van. Hope you can make shepton. Welcome again.
Cheyne.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Amy & WECOME :thumb:
The first obstacle you are coming up against is insurance,--assuming you are under 25---:winky:This may well factor in your choice of van to convert :Eeek::thumb:Feel free to ask for any advise that you may need on your conversion ::bigsmile:
terry

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Hi Amy and WELCOME to MH Fun! :welcome:

WoW! a girl with abit of spirit!! How about a BIG ol' yanky van? :thumb:

Boo

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Steady on Boo... it might be me having to tow the thing in for repairs...!

JJ

(and if it is too wide it won't fit onto Quinta Majay.)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back