Hello, everyone (1 Viewer)

D

davemittan

Deleted User
Another forum member suggested I check this one out. I might as well join while I'm at it......

I'm curious about how you do things over there, and the state of RVing in your area. RVing appears to be on the decline over here, with failing RV manufacturers, and people going out much less due to high fuel costs. Well, high compared to what we were accustomed to.

We recently "downsized" from a 30½' class C to a Navion 24J on a Sprinter chassis. We've taken a couple of trips in it so far (about 3,000 miles total) and are quite happy with it.

I guess I'll go into "lurk mode" for a while - I need to learn how to do things and set things up in this format.

Y'all take care......

Dave Mittan
North Central Arkansas, US

Pics of our rig

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Nice Rig Dave.

A very BIG WELCOME to the site and good to see more of you Stateside RVers on here.:thumb:

I got the impression that fuel costs were having a knock-on effect on our pursuit when I was over there recently.I did like paying "only" $3.89 a gallon for regular gas though.:Cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

davemittan

Deleted User
"Only" $3.89 for regular gas, huh? I would have loved to pay that for the diesel fuel we used on our last trip - it was as high as $4.76 per gallon. We were getting about 15.6 mpg though. (Mercedes 3L V-6 engine)

Diesel used to cost less than gasoline over here, but now the newer vehicles have to use Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel. (Do you have that stuff over there?)

Supposedly, only the Ultra Low diesel fuel will be available beginning in 2010.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
"Only" $3.89 for regular gas, huh? I would have loved to pay that for the diesel fuel we used on our last trip - it was as high as $4.76 per gallon. We were getting about 15.6 mpg though. (Mercedes 3L V-6 engine)

Diesel used to cost less than gasoline over here, but now the newer vehicles have to use Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel. (Do you have that stuff over there?)

Supposedly, only the Ultra Low diesel fuel will be available beginning in 2010.

I noticed the higher priced Diesel..... but $4.76!! That's some difference.:Doh:

Diesel was, at one time a few years ago, cheaper than petrol (gas) and then rose to be almost comparable in price until the petrochemical industry realised there were more people registering new diesel vehicles than petrol.Now it's substantially more.:Angry:

Seen the Ultra low Sulphur in BP garages but tend to use the supermarket pumps as consistently lower price.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back