May 13, 2011
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Renting Motorhomes since 2007
Hi there,

Just popping in to introduce myself to all the motorhome fun members, hoping to gain lots of advice and have lots of fun too ::bigsmile:

Off up to Gairloch in Scotland for a fortnight and then taking motorhome, other half and three (usually well behaved but rather energetic) children over on the Ferry from Uig to Tarbert on 4th June 2011. Have booked a Calmac 14 Hopscotch so will also be visiting Harris, Lewis, North and South Uist - very excited as we have wanted to go to the Outer Hebrides for a long time!

Only concern was the deadly midges but we have midgey head nets and Avon So Soft all packed and ready now :thumb: If that fails I'll pop into the stables and buy the horse strength stuff we used in Gairloch last year. If all accounts of the winds on the Hebrides are true I imagine the midges will be few and far between.

Looking forward to chatting with you all, Fiona :Smile:

OP
OP
Fiona

Fiona

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks for the warm welcome! I meant to add that we are just renting a motorhome for this trip, this will be our fourth motorhome rental as we are trying a few before we take the plunge and buy one - I've been mad about them since I was a kid though, my first motorhome was a Fisher Price one:winky:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Fiona
:welcomefunster:
So envy you your trip. We normally are in Scotland at this time but circumstances this year are against us, so will have to be September.
I won't say enjoy your trip as I know you will. Scotland is a magical place, once visited you never break free from its grip, I am happy to say.
Enjoy yourselves

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Fiona

Fiona

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks Dave :Smile:

We went to Scotland for our first motorhome rental in 2007 and loved it so much we have been back three times since! We ended up at Sands Campsite in Big Sand near Gairloch and stayed much longer than we planned as it was hard to tear ourselves away. I was pregnant with our youngest back then (He is now 3) so we have rented a cottage in Big Sand for three years running as it seemed easier with such a young family and we loved the area so much. Every time we have been back we have looked longingly across the water at the Outer Hebrides and now we are finally going back on the road to follow our dreams!

I hope your trip in September will be wonderful too!

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Fiona and welcome.

We are off to the Mull of Kintyre in a fortnight, cant wait.!!! we love Scotland, Midges and all :winky:

OP
OP
Fiona

Fiona

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Dylan,

Have just looked at your site - it looks lovely! I have bookmarked it as we are planning to do some camping in the summer holidays in Wales this year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Fiona, you might find the Fisher Price one took less maintenance...:winky:

Look forward to meeting you all, may even be at the lovely Dylan's site.. Joy:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back