Free Member
May 20, 2010
Richmond Tasmania
Funster No
MH
TBA
Exp
4 years off-road camper
What a great Forum! There is so much activity and information available that is going to take months to go through it all!

Let me introduce myself. My name is Gary and I currently live in a small village called Richmond in Tasmania. I have just recently retired and plan to spend a couple of years touring the UK and Europe in a suitable Motorhome.

So as well as introducing myself, I would like to pose one quick question, as I am sure that with the incredible knowledge base here I can get a suitable reply.

As a stranger to the UK would it be preferable (and easier) for me to buy a motorhome through a dealer, or would it be reasonably easy to buy one privately, and personally endeavour to register and licence it etc. Would appreciate any advice

Gary

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site. Buying from a dealer is the safest way to ensure you get what you pay for. However I do foresee problems, such as getting insurance. It is easier to get cover from home with unlimited foreign travel than to get same in the UK with no fixed address.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
capac44, a very warm welcome to MHF, and I'm sure you'll have a equally warm welcome when you get here.

There are plenty of good dealers around - Peter's oufit, Johns Cross, for one. Ask the old boy for advice, he knows the scene very well and we've trusted his outfit for years without ever being let down. The same goes for many others, but of course we didn't send all our horse copers to Australia...

May I also, on behalf of my nation, offer you, on behalf of your nation, our warmest congratulations on your superb silver medal in the T20? Long may you occupy that revered spot...

Cheers!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome to fun

paula2072

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Our first time next week.
What a great Forum! There is so much activity and information available that is going to take months to go through it all!

Let me introduce myself. My name is Gary and I currently live in a small village called Richmond in Tasmania. I have just recently retired and plan to spend a couple of years touring the UK and Europe in a suitable Motorhome.

So as well as introducing myself, I would like to pose one quick question, as I am sure that with the incredible knowledge base here I can get a suitable reply.

As a stranger to the UK would it be preferable (and easier) for me to buy a motorhome through a dealer, or would it be reasonably easy to buy one privately, and personally endeavour to register and licence it etc. Would appreciate any advice

Gary

Hi Gary and welcome to motorhome fun

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back