Free Member
May 25, 2017
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696FF 55th edition
Exp
since 2016 but a complete newbie
We are a family of campers (no please don't log out, I have more to tell you), I have had back problems and we had to stop. we love the life and freedom around the sites we have been, mostly in France (again please don't log out). After reading all about Motorhomes, subscribing to MMM, buying all the other monthly's and driving everyone in the family mad, my self and the Boss decided last year to hire one and see what we thought.

I selected the biggest motorhome with the most available gadgets the company had and we were ready to go. With about two months to go - my back went again. Rather that loosing our deposit, we decided to still go, but the Boss would have to drive. Long story short - we changed from the biggest to the smallest (gutted) and had the most fantastic week, The Boss, me and Max out dog.

One of the great things about motor-homing we discovered was how friendly everyone else is (motorhomers that is..) I read in MMM that everyone waves at each other - I explained this to the driver and she couldn't believe that it worked, I still need to work on my MH recognition thou - waving at horseboxes, white vans etc didn't really have the same effect.

My other observation, chatting on-site but away from your MH, conversation always turned to 'so what van have you got', once it was quickly established it was a MH and the other party had a MH, the conversation flowed and invited were quickly handed out to view each others MH, but if the other party was a 'caravaner', the conversation stopped. I found this odd, but the same applies to waving - no response, some nearly crashed to looked to other direction so quickly, can someone please tell me what this is all about..

Anyway, sorry I talk alot.....

We have put a deposit down on our first motorhome, collecting it July 2017 from Brownhills, Newark. Great service received so far and we can't wait to get it. I will be moving into it full time. I have four daughters all entering teenage years!! this is the ultimate man-cave...

That's us - really looking forward to reading some of the posts on this site and motorhoming...

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Welcome Animated Emoticon.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!