cherok

Free Member
Jun 28, 2009
Wales
Funster No
Exp
Months
Hi All,

We just received our new motorhome last friday and my husband, myself and our 13 year old son are making our first ever trip away for the weekend.:Smile:

This is a 'dress rehearsal for our 3 weeks in France at the end of the month.

I found this Forum on the search engine and thought I'd join as we are trying to find out as much as we can before we go. Lots of useful info on here!

We had a caravan for a few years so we are not completely clueless but still a bit nervous I must say.

Hope we'll still be smiling after this weekend.

Bye for now..::bigsmile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi cherok and :welcome:to MHFun.:thumb:

Hope your first trip goes well for you, any questions, just ask away, someone on here will know the answer.::bigsmile:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Welcome..............Hope you enjoy your weekend away..........and dont forget to pack your smiles..........you will need them :thumb:

Boo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

A and K

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since April 07'
:thumb:Hi cherok,Welcome to fun,
I bet you're really excited about your new purchase ::bigsmile: Enjoy your weekend, it will be a good trial run for your 3 week jaunt in France which I'm sure you'll just love :yeah:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
three weeks in france eh!:Cool:

just one compulsory bit of equipment you must have with you......

A Corkscrew!!!! :winky:::bigsmile:

welcome to the fun forum and enjoy your adventure:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Cherok, and WELCOME join the fun.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hope the weekend goes well. don't forget your sense of humour you may well need it, I know we did on starting out.

Enjoy

Dave

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Hi Cherok,
you're ex tuggers like us, it's great, no more outside monitor duties for me anymore, just pull up and put the kettle on. When you're on a site it's great watching 'em fetching water, plugging in waste water containers and putting awnings up. Looks like we'll be in France same time as you (20th July to 17th August) might see ya?
Luffy

OP
OP
C

cherok

Free Member
Jun 28, 2009
Wales
Funster No
Exp
Months
Pleased to meet you all::bigsmile:
We are all looking forward to this weekend and will try to keep a sense of humour as I'm sure there will be some 'mishaps' along the way!
We already packed our corkscrew..most important item on the list..along with the red wine:winky:
I must say I hadn't thought a bit about those poor caravanners with their waste and water duties..hee..hee!
Look forward to speaking to you all again. Let you know how us poor 'newbies' got on:thumb:

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
Hi All,

We just received our new motorhome last friday and my husband, myself and our 13 year old son are making our first ever trip away for the weekend.:Smile:

This is a 'dress rehearsal for our 3 weeks in France at the end of the month.

I found this Forum on the search engine and thought I'd join as we are trying to find out as much as we can before we go. Lots of useful info on here!

We had a caravan for a few years so we are not completely clueless but still a bit nervous I must say.

Hope we'll still be smiling after this weekend.

Bye for now..::bigsmile:
best of luck for the weekend cherok:thumb:and even better luck for france try not to drink to much of the red stuff,you want to remember some of your hols:Eeek:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Welcome

Hi Cherok.........A BIG WELCOME.....from a French pleasant peasant born Yorkshire man now living in France.......I joined last October and I like yourself towed/tugger ..(me for about 20 Years) This web site is " THE BEST", the people on here are set of terrific guys both male and female...they will always help you, they have loads of knowledge and years of experience.....and of course the odd joke-leg pull which makes life so much more fun,
Hope you enjoy your weekend.......but I think you will enjoy the motorhome much more when you come over here to France later on, is it is geared up over here for motorhomes, (motorhome friendly) and of course a lot of it is free.....(now that is a word a Yorkshire man likes to hear "FREE" nowt brass to pay out on some sites)
You never know we may see you in France.
Mel Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back