hello everyone. another newbie! (1 Viewer)

2 dogs and me

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
devon
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
10 years
i love my van and the freedom it gives me and the canines. after a few trips to france i am trying to pluck up the courage to go to spain or portugal this winter. any advise?

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Hello and welcome!

Portsmouth (with dogs) - Bilboa - Salamanca (1 night) - Benidorm / Alicante area many sites allow dogs. Go for it!

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
My advice if I were to advise you would be to join one of the proposed meets of other funsters, Don't use an A frame in Spain, and beware of gassing. Watch out for the new portuguese toll roads. Have a great trip and stay safe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
fantastic. I'd definitely say join up with the funsters in Spain or Portugal. Just head south and go for it. The A75 south from Clermont Ferrand (wrongly spelt I'm sure) is a lovely road, toll free, and takes you down towards Spain. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Welcome to Fun :welcome:
I'm also motorhoming with 2 dogs (and 2 cats) and so far they all seem to be having a great time!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
You will naturally feel apprehensive about going further in your motorhome, as the fear of the unknown is very strong.

You say you have been to France, so Spain and Portugal are only one "small" drive away. You also have the option to return if you feel uncomfortable. There are a lot of threads on the forums about going to Spain/Portugal, so a bit of research should address most of your concerns.

Roads in Spain are very good and driving is easy once you get used to the local ways. If you do go somewhere that other funsters are you can be sure of a warm welcome. Do not worry about being a solo traveller amongst the funsters, and plenty of them have dogs with them so loads of advice is available.

I feel sure that after a short time you will get into the way of life on a longer term site and wonder why you ever worried.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back