hello everyone. another newbie!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 2 dogs and me, Nov 12, 2012.

1. 2 dogs and me

2 dogs and me Read Only Funster

i love my van and the freedom it gives me and the canines. after a few trips to france i am trying to pluck up the courage to go to spain or portugal this winter. any advise?

2. MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome Read Only Funster

Hello and welcome!

Portsmouth (with dogs) - Bilboa - Salamanca (1 night) - Benidorm / Alicante area many sites allow dogs. Go for it!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  3. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

My advice if I were to advise you would be to join one of the proposed meets of other funsters, Don't use an A frame in Spain, and beware of gassing. Watch out for the new portuguese toll roads. Have a great trip and stay safe.

4. f6c

f6c Funster

welcome

Welcome aboard:Wink:

5. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

fantastic. I'd definitely say join up with the funsters in Spain or Portugal. Just head south and go for it. The A75 south from Clermont Ferrand (wrongly spelt I'm sure) is a lovely road, toll free, and takes you down towards Spain. :BigGrin:

Ivy

6. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Welcome to Fun :welcome:
    I'm also motorhoming with 2 dogs (and 2 cats) and so far they all seem to be having a great time!

• Like Like x 1
  7. capinpugwash

capinpugwash Funster

You will naturally feel apprehensive about going further in your motorhome, as the fear of the unknown is very strong.

You say you have been to France, so Spain and Portugal are only one "small" drive away. You also have the option to return if you feel uncomfortable. There are a lot of threads on the forums about going to Spain/Portugal, so a bit of research should address most of your concerns.

Roads in Spain are very good and driving is easy once you get used to the local ways. If you do go somewhere that other funsters are you can be sure of a warm welcome. Do not worry about being a solo traveller amongst the funsters, and plenty of them have dogs with them so loads of advice is available.

I feel sure that after a short time you will get into the way of life on a longer term site and wonder why you ever worried.

8. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

:welcome: Go for it and have FUN :thumb: